Question

Can't cancel the policy

• 4 March 2022
  • 4 replies

I bought a pay as you go for my mother in law.  She never uses it and has now lost the phone.  I don’t know the number and want to cancel.  How can I

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Mum,

With an iD Mobile Pay As You Go SIM, if the SIM is unused for 120 days or more it’s probably inactive.

The easiest option might be to report the phone & SIM as being lost, and also saying you want to cancel.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I bought a pay as you go for my mother in law.  She never uses it and has now lost the phone.  I don’t know the number and want to cancel.  How can I

Hey @Mum,

Assuming this is a PAYG SIM, you can stop using it and it’ll automatically cancel as stated above.

If however, this as a Pay Monthly SIM only contract, this would be a rolling contract and not the same as a PAYG service.

You’d need to contact us to cancel this.

The way to know is, PAYG requires you to top-up each month or buy a bundle manually.

PAYM simply gets charged via Direct Debit each month automatically, refreshing a set balance each month.

If you still need help, let us know.

Mohammed

I have the same issue. SIM was bought for a car that has now been sold. Want to cancel as the SIM is no longer needed but don’t know the mobile number. Can you advise please. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have the same issue. SIM was bought for a car that has now been sold. Want to cancel as the SIM is no longer needed but don’t know the mobile number. Can you advise please. 

Was it a pay monthly or pay-as-you-go SIM plan?

Did you ever download a PDF copy of your plan’s bill?

The “How do I cancel my iD mobile contract?” community FAQ advises using the iD online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat to cancel an iD pay monthly contract.

The iD agents in the customer service team are available 9am - 8pm weekdays - good luck.

Why iD Mobile?