Solved

Cancel contract

• 3 January 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to cancel my ID mobile contract immediately.  I have never used the number or data - I cannot get access to register to cancel the contract myself on your website as I do not use the mobile number to be contacted on!!  It is ridiculously difficult to contact your company to simply cancel a contract never used!!

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 9 June 2021, 12:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @geraldine treacy,

We are sorry to hear that you have had trouble getting through to our team to cancel your plan. We will send you a PM now to assist further.

Ryan

Userlevel 2

I have the same problem and cannot get anyone to contact me,

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Lewise,

Which methods have you used to try and cancel your plan?

Ryan

Hi @Lewise,

Which methods have you used to try and cancel your plan?

Ryan

What a redundant question

Userlevel 2

Please just call about cancelling this contract ,surely it is easier than all this pointless messaging

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Lewise 

I can see we have sent you a private message, please could you reply to the message.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

I have pretty much the same issue.  I need to cancel my contract for a number I have not used.  I have found it immensely difficult to actually cancel and feel like I’ve been going round in circles and reaching the same dead end.

Userlevel 1

Any employees about? Seems quiet here.

Userlevel 1
I can see there are supposed to be replies but I can’t access them

Userlevel 1

I still can’t access the replies.  When I hover the cursor over the ‘replies’, nothing happens.  Whoever is replying, I cannot access their comments. I’ve tried doing this on a different browser - still, nothing.

Someone needs to contact me via my email  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @christianwiltonking,

We’re not a Live Chat service so please allow us some time to respond.

You replied 4 times within an hour or 2 of your original message and we would not reply instantly to your messages.

The “2 replies” simply refers to how many messages you have posted here on the Community and does not indicate you have 2 replies to your own posts.

I will send you a private message so we can help get this cancelled.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I want to cancel my ID mobile contract immediately. I have never used the number or data - I cannot get access to register to cancel the contract myself on your website as I do not use the mobile number to be contacted on!! It is ridiculously difficult to contact your company to simply cancel a contract never used!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Neb1,

We’ll send you a PM so we can process a 30-day disconnection as this is required as per the Terms & Conditions that would have been agreed to.

Please check your messages.

Mohammed

I wish to cancel my monthly service contract - what details do you need?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @APlowman,

Cancelling your plan shouldn’t be difficult at all sorry. Please click here to see all the relevant information on how to get that sorted.

If you find you still require assistance, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide it.

Will

Hi there,

I wish to cancel my plan. I no longer have access to my id phone number and am unable to log into my ID account online. Please can I start the 30day cancellation process. I have already cancelled my direct debit and without being able to get back into my account I am unsure of how to pay the last month that I will be due. Many thanks Stephanie

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Hi there,

I wish to cancel my plan. I no longer have access to my id phone number and am unable to log into my ID account online. Please can I start the 30day cancellation process. I have already cancelled my direct debit and without being able to get back into my account I am unsure of how to pay the last month that I will be due. Many thanks Stephanie

Cancelling your direct debit will not cancel your ID Mobile account. You will still be billed and any failure to collect payment will result in a ruined credit file and likely your account passed on to a debt collection agency.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

• If you'd like to cancel your SIM Only plan, you'll need to give us 30 days' notice. 
  • So, if you want to leave at the end of your minimum contract term, you need to notify us at least 30 days before your contract end date. 
  • Please note: if you decide to leave before your minimum contract period, you may be charged an early cancellation fee. You can view your early cancellation fee in the iD Mobile app or My Account area - under 'My account', on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. You'll then see your 'Estimated cost of a cancellation'. 
  • If you're on a 1-month rolling SIM Only plan, you can cancel it with the iD Mobile app or My Account area. Simply log in, go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. You'll then be taken through the cancellation process. 
  • If you're on a pay monthly handset plan, you can cancel it by contacting us here
  • If you don't contact us, your plan will keep running. It won't terminate automatically and you'll continue to be billed. 

You can speak to an agent to regain access to your account and provide the required 30 days notice to terminate here:  https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Steph1986 

We will send you a Private Message now to help with cancelling your iD Contract. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Hi I’m having the same problem.

I wish to cancel my plan. I no longer have access to my id phone number and am unable to log into my ID account online. Please can I start the 30day cancellation process.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @angell123,

Have you tried contacting our Live Chat Team here:https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat? They will be able to help you with your request. If you can’t find the iD Mobile number, you can put in your own contact number however the team may need to ask further security questions.

Please let us know how it goes.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Could you please cancel my contract as soon as possible and stop Overdales chasing me for overdue bills for periods I didn’t use the network ?  You can easily check that I haven’t made a single call during these three months. 

My name is XXXXXXXXX, date of birth XXXXXXX, my telephone number is XXXXXXXX.

Actually I spent a few hours in May trying to cancel my subscription. I did not succeed to launch Live Chat (probably it was not tested in Firefox, the browser I use,  due to money-saving reasons). I did not succeed to change forgotten password: I typed in my email, the site displays “password change instructions were sent to your email address”, but I did not receive any emails.  So I ended up cancelling my Direct Debit, which seemed to me a reasonable way to cancel contract when all other ways didn’t work.  Id-Mobile sent me an email from no-reply account that cancelling direct debit does not mean cancelling the subscription. After I received next bill I emailed “complaint@idmobile.co.uk”, but received an auto-reply that I am not allowed to complain on email anymore.

Three months later I received an email from Overdales that I have to pay bills  for three month I didn’t use the network. I replied that I cancelled my direct debit because all other ways of cancelling subscription did not work, and asked them to pass Id-Mobile my request to close the contract.  They replied that  IdMobile telephone line was closed due to Coronavirus (don’t helpline people work from home using Skype or something ?) and that if I want to cancel subscription, I should use Live Chat link which obviously does not work. 

I am sorry to think that ID-Mobile is a crooked company who makes money by making it intentionally difficult to cancel their subscription, and looking forward for some actions to be taken.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Stanislav Kikot,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?