Question

cancel contract during cooling off period

I cancelled my monthly id contract and set up a new id sim only contract. It won’t allow me to use my pac code. I therefore want to cancel my new sim only contract.  How do I do this?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

I just bought a new sim but I am unable to transfer my old ID mobile number as it is Registered with a different account. Therefore, I am trying to return the sim I bought online for my new account as it is within the 14 day period, however, when I try to return, it just puts me through the automated live chat service where the bot is unable to process a return and will only cancel it, which I don’t want as I will have to pay for 2 months but I want to get a return and not pay this as it is still within the 14 day period.

what can I do to return it, rather than just straight cancel?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Emma D, the quickest way to do this would be to contact us via Live Chat.

Thank you,

Rory

I have tried Live chat but all you get is the ID chatbot. When I ask to return my sim it goes to cancel the sim only, this isn’t what I want to do I want to return not cancel as it is still within the 14 day cooling off period. Live chat doesn’t allow you to do this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Emma D, it would still count as a cancellation so feel free to choose that option; there’s no need to physically return the SIM.

Thank you,

Rory

When I tried to cancel it said I had to pay £7.36 rental. I shouldn’t have to pay anything as I am within the 14 day cooling off period

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Emma D, the charge is correct; you can cancel the agreement within the first 30 days, but you’ll still be liable for any days that you were connected to our service. This is outlined in clause 26.5 of your agreement:

26.1 If you made your purchase on idmobile.co.uk or via the iD telephone sales team, you have 30 days to cancel this Agreement at no cost (other than for Charges incurred under clause 26.5)

26.5 You are liable to pay for any line rental, usage and additional purchases, such as add-ons, accrued up to the point of disconnection. Failure to do this may affect your credit score.

Thank you,

Rory

I have tried cancelling it on my account and it just takes me to the live chat. How do i cancel?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Emma D, you can cancel your agreementby selecting the appropriate option on the Live Chat service. 

Thank you,

Rory

I have tried cancelling it as you have told me to do numerous times through the app but it won’t  let me.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Emma D 

We will send you a Private Message so we can help with cancelling your sim only contract. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?