Question

cancel data only sim

• 2 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I wish to cancel a data only sim as I no longer need the connection.  The SIM card has no mobile number associated with it which means I am unable to create an account.  That means I can’t log in to cancel it.

Thanks

amy

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Amarsha5595,

Every SIM, even data only ones, have a mobile number.

Put the data only SIM in a phone and you can find out the mobile number - good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I wish to cancel a data only sim as I no longer need the connection.  The SIM card has no mobile number associated with it which means I am unable to create an account.  That means I can’t log in to cancel it.

Thanks

amy

Hey @Amarsha5595,

Let us know if you haven’t since cancelled and we’ll be able to process a disconnection here and find the account another way.

@andewhite this is partially correct.

So every SIM contract will have a connected number to it.

Nowadays most customers who advise “Data only SIMS” are actually just using a regular SIM contract in a device designed for data only use. 

In instances like this, putting the SIM in a phone works fine to get the number.

But we did once sell DATA Only SIMS.

From my knowledge these had a number connected but only received data services.

Due to this, it would be impossible to send a text or call anyone to actually find out the number but I might be wrong as it may still show in the settings!

In either case, we can get the account up and find the number. Thanks as always for your support here though!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?