Solved

Cancel Sim only plan

Hi, I recently bought a sim only 30 day rolling contract and it's not arrived customer service has been absolutely terrible. So therefore I would like to cancel before I get charged for nothing. 

icon

Best answer by Will 22 July 2020, 16:50

View original

25 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @BrandonBell30,

We’re sorry to hear about that! When did you order the SIM card? As it is sent via Royal Mail it can take between 2-5 working days to arrive you see; has this time passed already? If you would still like to cancel it, however, please let us know and we’ll offer further support.

Just a side note also, we’re not a live chat team here I’m afraid so we won’t be able to reply instantly to your posts.

Ryan

Yes I want to cancel my order as I have not received my sim card and I am within the 14 day cooling off period so I should not be charged. 

Thanks

Brandon 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’ll drop you a Private Message now @BrandonBell30 so we can take some details and get the order cancelled for you.

Will

It's still not cancelled 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @BrandonBell30,

As mentioned earlier, we’re not a live chat team I’m afraid so a response to all messages can take up to 48 hours you see. We can confirm that the plan has been returned on the system for you.

Ryan

I’ll drop you a Private Message now @BrandonBell30 so we can take some details and get the order cancelled for you.

Will

hi i would also like to cancel a 30 day sim only deal before I am charged, could you help? When I call I am cut off and no live chat? Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Tashab1989 

We’ve sent you a private message on here now so that we can help you further, if you could please get back to us there.

Thanks

Perfect, just done - thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Wonderful, cheers @Tashab1989.

Will

Can someone help me here please. I just got a sim only contract just 2 weeks and I will like to cancel the contract. The customer service web chart is not helpful, I couldn't do it on my account either I don't even mind if am goona get charge I just want to cancel the contract

I need to cancel my contract asap can someou help me please

I need to cancel my contract. I don’t have a sim or the app the online bot is useless and so are the live chatting agents. Can someone can’t act me ASAP 

I need to cancel my contract. I don’t have a sim or the app the online bot is useless and so are the live chatting agents. Can someone contact me ASAP 

Hello Samm, unfortunately you will have to be patient to chart with their customer service online. I agree with you that the online agent are rubbish. There is no contact number to call them either. I was able to cancel my contract this morning with online chart.

Here is the chart response from the ID agent today 10/09/2020

The SIM has been recorded as Returned in the System. The Pay Monthly Contract will be disconnected within 10 minutes.                        
I advise you not to throw away the SIM as it will be converted to a Pay As You Go SIM within 10 minutes.                        
You can continue to use the SIM as PAYG SIM, but it will require a Top-Up.                        
Alternatively, You can request a PAC after it has been converted, should you wish to move to another Network.                        
If you do not wish to use the SIM, You may cut it in half and dispose of it.                        

You will be liable for all Charges accrued until the Return Date.                        
I advice you to leave the Direct Debit active as we will automatically Refund any overpaid Charges within 5 working days from the date of Disconnection.                        
I would like to make a request to activate the Direct Debit whilst on the call to enable the automatic Refund to be processed.                        
If the you do not wish to activate you Direct Debit, you may call back after 5 working days from the date of Disconnection to process a Card or Cheque Refund.      

Please can someone help me. I need to cancel my sim only plan. I have been trying for a few months now. I have had it longer than the 14 days so I am aware that I need to wait for the 30 day cancellation thing but I need to cancel my plan. I have never used the sim and I do not know the number. Please can someone help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please can someone help me. I need to cancel my sim only plan. I have been trying for a few months now. I have had it longer than the 14 days so I am aware that I need to wait for the 30 day cancellation thing but I need to cancel my plan. I have never used the sim and I do not know the number. Please can someone help?

Hello @sarahayley ,

You can request a PAC code by texting PAC to the number 65075

or a STAC code by texting STAC to the number 75075 and give this to your nerw network.

Altenratively, process a disconnection via the iD app/account.

A PAC is used to keep the number and the STAC is if you’re not keeping it.

Just give either code to your new network depending on the situation and the disconnection will be processed through them contacting us.

If you’ve never used it or don’t know the number, just put the SIM into the phone and call a friend or family and get them to confirm the number for you.

@Teey, we’re glad you were able to get this cancelled.

I need to cancel my contract. I don’t have a sim or the app the online bot is useless and so are the live chatting agents. Can someone contact me ASAP 

@Samm1122 did you still need help with cancelling the account?

Mohammed

Thank you. I have an iPhone and I don’t have the pin to open the sim bit. Could someone call me to verify who I am and just cancel it? I have been struggling to get through for months and just want to stop being charge for a sim I have never used. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good day @sarahayley 

We’ve sent you a private message on here now so that we can help further.

If you could get back to us there thanks.

I want to cancel my SIM only plan however:

• My phone is lost.
  • I am unable to log in since I cannot remember my username!
  • When I try to use ‘Forgotten Username’ it asks for my phone number and sends a code to the lost phone!
  • Not able to ring customer service or live chat - so much for a ‘communications’ company!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can’t work out how to move forward and do not want to get a bad credit rating if I cancel the direct debit although I am well out of my SIM only contract

Userlevel 1

Hi I am trying to cancel my dads plan as he does not use his phone 

Userlevel 1

Anyone help??

Userlevel 1

Anyone help??

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I want to cancel my SIM only plan however:

• My phone is lost.
  • I am unable to log in since I cannot remember my username!
  • When I try to use ‘Forgotten Username’ it asks for my phone number and sends a code to the lost phone!
  • Not able to ring customer service or live chat - so much for a ‘communications’ company!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can’t work out how to move forward and do not want to get a bad credit rating if I cancel the direct debit although I am well out of my SIM only contract

Hello @sarabricusse 

Looks like we’ve already sorted this on another thread

@DEANSTREETGANG have you tried cancelling via the iD app/account for him? Or texting to get a PAC/STAC code?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?