Solved

cancel sim plan only and Direct Debit

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there. I have not used the ID sim plan deal purchased on 5th November 2020 from Carephone Warehouse and would like to cancel this as I'm sticking with my current plan. I'm outside the window time so am aware I'll forfeit costs. Can you cancel this for me please?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 11 December 2020, 13:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Syeda Akhtar 

How to cancel your SIM only plan and end your iD Mobile contract

If you've gone past your returns period and want to end your rolling SIM only plan, you can do this at any time by giving us 30 days’ notice. The easiest way to do it is with the iD Mobile app or My Account online. Simply log in, go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. You'll then be taken through the cancellation process.

Please note: you'll be asked if you would like to keep your number. If you select 'keep my number', you'll be issued with a PAC code and your account won't be disconnected until it's used. If you don't use your PAC code within 30 days of it being issued, you'll need to request another one.

What happens when your plan ends – and why you need to keep your Direct Debit open!

There’s just one more piece of important advice we need to give you…

• Please, please keep your Direct Debit open. Don’t cancel it. In fact, leave it open for a whole month after you’ve disconnected. The reason why you should do this is as follows…

After your 30 days’ notice period ends, your plan will close and we’ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation. If your Direct Debit fails (and it’ll obviously fail if you’ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected – so please keep your Direct Debit open!

Michelle 

Hello Michelle.  After 2.5 weeks of trying to contact anyone from ID mobile by phone, twitter,  live chat and email I had finally managed to get through to the live chat earlier this week. Your colleague,  Zakirah had stated that I need a STAC code when this is not required as I kept my original sim plan and number with Vodafone and had never left them. I had not set up the ID sim so can't login onto account as I require pin number which is sent to ID mobile which I reiterate is not set up. Nonetheless,  I have cancelled direct debit for ID and am will be paying final payment for this month as I'm outside the wndow time to cancel. This is appalling customer service from a mobile provider. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Syeda Akhtar 

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you have faced when trying to disconnect your SIM. 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?