Solved

Cancel within 14 days cooling off period

• 12 October 2020
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I recently ordered a SIM only contract but would like to cancel within my 14 day cooling off period. Please can someone help with this? 

I have tried to call but am cut off, and no live chat. Your service is diabolical.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 14 October 2020, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

32 replies

I’m in a similar situation and the online complaint form doesn’t even work. What an absolute shambles.

Userlevel 1

I’m in a similar situation and the online complaint form doesn’t even work. What an absolute shambles.

I’m sick of companies never replying, crap customer service. This is horrendous. The live chat was pointless. I rung and pressed this that and the other to then be cut off. How do these companies get away with it? 

I was so disappointed with ID when I tried every way to contact them after I got out of stock message and tried to cancel. I gave them a minus if possible rating on Trust Pilot. I then got a message From Ryan I replied informing him of the bad customer service. I have had no reply and not received my £19.99 up front payment .Managed to get a phone no problem next day from   3  after speaking to a human and not a machine.

I was so disappointed with ID when I tried every way to contact them after I got out of stock message and tried to cancel. I gave them a minus if possible rating on Trust Pilot. I then got a message From Ryan I replied informing him of the bad customer service. I have had no reply and not received my £19.99 up front payment .Managed to get a phone no problem next day from   3  after speaking to a human and not a machine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @idyoumakemestressed,

We’re sorry to hear that you would like to leave. We will issue you with a PM now to offer further support with your query.

@Chris2345, I can see that we messaged you yesterday and we are waiting for a response.

Thanks,

Ryan

Exactly the same situation here. I have only been a customer for 3 days but am finding the service (both the phone service and the customer service) absolutely terrible.

I originally only wanted some technical support, but it’s so difficult to obtain that I now just want to cancel within the cooling off period. I don’t want to be stuck with this for 12 months.

Can somebody please contact me to arrange ending my contract.

I purchased a SIM only unlimited data plan to use in a 4G router, to replace my wired broadband from Sky. I've put the SIM into the 4G router and connected my mobile to the new Wi-Fi and it's getting VERY slow internet speeds of 0.93mbps download and 0.98mbps upload. Is there something I can do to get a useable speed? Or do I just need to cancel within the cooling off period and look at another network?

“Live” chat was utterly useless. If I want to talk nonsense with a robot I’ll chat to Alexa. It wouldn’t connect me to an agent after about 5 tries.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry you’ve had any troubles since switching to us @Azaria and for any problems you’ve had reaching us to date.

If you’re still needing help from our side we’ve sent a private message to assist further.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

ive had a new chip sent today it does not work in my phone so i am cancelling my direct debet and i will stop with tesco mobile cheers carl.ive sent pac code to you and does not work and have had no response on live chat  cheers .

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @carl brown,

Cancelling your Direct Debit due to not getting an answer is not the best course of action as this may affect your credit file negatively down the line if bills are missed. If you need help cancelling your plan, you can find various ways here: 

If you still need help, please let us know.

Ryan

I been trying to cancel SIM only within the cooling off period, i have not used the SIM nor installed the APP, i do not have a mobile no. from ID and got letter telling me taking Direct debit soon even though i am not registered, I have tried several times to get through on chat (but get a BOT) and sent email however nothing, some chats tell me to install app to cancel within cooling off period however i do not have a mobile no. to register on the app. so going around in circles.  I am with another provider now, how do i stop this from going on? i do not want to pay for a service i am not using and have been trying to cancel with no responses!  this is really stressing me out! simple contact info, like a phone number for customer services would be good or someone answering the live chats and emails, please respond! thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @mocraw 

We will send you a Private Message to help with canceling your contract. 

-Mohsin

One more thoroughly dissatisfied customer.  I want to cancel , am within the 14 day period.  No live chat, no means of contacting you and generally very poor (no complete lack of) service.  Please cancel transaction no.429671653 and DO NOT TAKE ANY MONEY!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Mike E 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message now to help with this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I too want to cancel before getting started as there is no customer support.

I cannot log in as the sim does not work - please confirm that my contract is cancelled 

Tom Parry

Invalid phone number (as sim does not work) - REMOVED

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @tomparry,

Sorry to hear that.

I will PM you also so we can pick this cancellation up for you.

Mohammed

I wish to leave within the 14-day cooling-off period. Please action this and send my PAC code.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @duty-relaxation-colour 

The quickest way for you to do this if your account is registered would be to request this through the iD Mobile App via:
My Account > End my plan > Request a PAC code 

Or just text PAC and your date of birth in a format of DD/MM/YY to 65075

Alternatively, please either contact our Live Chat Team: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Or send a direct message to our official Facebook or Twitter pages.

Hi there @duty-relaxation-colour 

The quickest way for you to do this if your account is registered would be to request this through the iD Mobile App via:
My Account > End my plan > Request a PAC code 

Or just text PAC and your date of birth in a format of DD/MM/YY to 65075

Alternatively, please either contact our Live Chat Team: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Or send a direct message to our official Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks Kevin. I did that, and got a text telling me it would cost £16.57 to leave. Why would this be the case within the 14-day cooling off period?

I cancelled a SIM only via Carphone Warehouse within 14 days. They said I wouldn't be billed. ID have since taken money from my account. CPW tell me it was because the bill was already processed, and I would get a refund - and not to cancel the direct debit as ID would do that. Now, ten days later, ID have taken more money. What's going on and will this be refunded?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jennann14,

Something sounds a little off here. We’ll drop you a private message now to see the status of the account and make sure no money leaves, and any amounts owed are refunded appropriately.

Will

I am also trying to cancel my SIM only deal within the cooling off period and can make NO CONTACT. Surely this is illegal. 

Please can someone contact me to cancel. 

Thanks Hannah

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Newuserhannaht,

I am sorry to hear about that issue. Our Live Chat bot should usually put you through to an advisor when one is available so we would recommend trying again if they were not available at the time.

We will also send you a PM now to help as well.

Ryan

Your live chat does not work in ANY popular browser even with cookies accepted (Chrome, Firefox or Edge!), how can I cancel if I can’t contact you!?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Tara.Smile 

I can confirm our Live Chat is fully working and can be accessed.

As you are having difficulties, we’ll send you a PM. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?