Question

Cancelled contract

• 14 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Please confirm my mobile contract with id mobile is now cancelled.Carphone Warehouse staff took my calls earlier in the week to confirm I had cancelled,but am concerned id mobile side hasn't been cancelled due to my still receiving emails to suggest otherwise.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Dave8848,

Was this a new contract you had purchased and returned to Carphone Warehouse or an existing one you had cancelled?

Carphone Warehouse can only process a return of new purchase (which would cancel a contract) and unless you spoke to iD Mobile directly, can’t cancel on your behalf.

Let us know if this was a return or just a contract cancellation and we’ll advise further.

What do the email say?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Muhammed,

Thank you for your reply. It was a new contract set up through Carphone Warehouse only last week. I cancelled within two days of setting up. I also spoke to them today and they confirmed it was all cancelled now but as they only just received the returned item at the Warehouse, the lady said it could take upto 24 to 48hrs to process the cancellation with id mobile and the insurance etc. 

As far as I'm aware it's now cancelled.

Many Thanks.

Regards Dave.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Dave8848 

The information you have been given does sound right, it can take up to 48 hours for the return and cancellation to complete once the order has been received back into the warehouse.

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Thank you Michelle.

It seems like the cancellation is going through OK then. 

Many Thanks.

Dave

Why iD Mobile?