Question

Cancelled contract but bills are still been produced

Hi there

On the 17th of March 2020 I cancelled my ID mobile contract (direct debit plan). From the phone operator I was told that I still had to pay the bill for another month so I did and from the 16th of April I received the confirmation that my planned was over and because I had already paid the last £10 bill I shouldn't have received anymore upstanding payments of any sort.

However, logging into my account I have now found two new bills, one dated 14 APR - 13 MAY for £10, and one dated 17 APR - 13 MAY for £1.12. As my contracted ended on the 16th of April and my sim is therefore not been working, I find it very frustrating to keep getting billed. I have therefore cancelled my direct debit after paying my last bill on the 16th of April to make sure that I wasn't going to get charge for additional bills however I have now received an email from ID mobile saying that if I don’t re activate the direct debit surcharge may be applied. 

I would like to get an answer asap but due to the circumstances I cannot contact helpline etc. 

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Lilla 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hello,

I am having the same issue as the above. I was under the impression that I had paid all of my final bills and have now received an email stating that I should not have cancelled the Direct Debit. However there are no details on what to do once you have already cancelled your direct debit so the email is just stating an issue without providing any solutions.

When I log into my account it says £0 is owed and yet it also states that the last bill is pending, however as it says £0 is owed there is no way to make a payment. 

Please could someone contact me directly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Maz6 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi, i am having this same issue. my sim only contract was cancelled months ago and i’m still being billed every month for a sim i no longer have.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Kazzag 

Who was it you spoke to months back to cancel?

Is the bill you’re receiving a new one for time since the disconnection request?  Or is it just your final bill that has yet to be paid?

hi @Kevin . i hadn’t spoken to anyone. i cancelled on the app. my final bill was paid in November 2019. my sim only deal was £10 p/month and that’s the amount i am still being billed every month. i tried to log into the app recently , but it says my online account has been closed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Kazzag

We’ll drop you a Private Message now so that we can access your account and see what’s going on.

Will

I have the same problem.I cancelled my contract Nov 2020 but still being billed. It’s difficult to contact your office so I have to communicate with you in this page.I hope to here from you soon

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Mabelle 

We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this for you. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

I have received a bill for a contract that I cancelled In March and still getting a bill and now received a final payment notice 

Can someone contact me to discuss further 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Sure thing @Pamsie26,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to take a look and see what’s going on with your account.

Will

Why iD Mobile?