Question

Cancelled contract, final bill is wrong and no refund on upfront cost

• 9 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I purchased a pay monthly phone plan on 15/11/2021. 
I then cancelled this contract in UNDER 14days and you confirmed as received on 26/11/2021 (11days)

I got a final bill of £28.94… I’m unsure how it is so high as the phone plan was £43.99, I hadn’t even taken it out of the packaging or used a SIM card.  So it is extremely high for 11days 

I contacted via live chat to express my concerns, who told me to ignore that final bill and it was still being processed and I would get another final bill.

it’s now 09/12/2021. I still don’t have a correct final bill (although I’m within my 14day cooling off period so I believe there should be zero charge on the account)!  I haven’t seen a paper copy come through the post either! 
AND

I am still waiting for a refund of £49 that I paid upfront for the cost of the phone

Please update me

April

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What was your billing date? It's my understanding that a final bill isn't generated upon returning a device, it's generated when your billing date comes around.

Userlevel 1

I’ve managed to speak to the online chat and they say they’ve credited my account and refunded the upfront cost! 
So I’ll wait to see if my refund comes in 🤞

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @AprilKate,

The upfront cost is separate to the line rental bill so it would not show up on the bill itself, however, once the return has been completed by the team at our warehouse, the funds will be with you in 5 working days at the latest.

We do bill you for the time that the contract was active, up to the point of return, so the charges are valid as per your terms and conditions; even when the plan has not been used. Any refunds or credits given to you to cover the bill would be a gesture of goodwill only.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan 

the return has been completed so I will wait for the refund. 

my issue wasn’t paying the final bill, it was the amount they were saying I owed! But it doesn’t matter now as they say they’ve credited my account…. Although a payment did come out of my account for £15! 

fingers crossed it’s all sorted now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@AprilKate,

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?