Solved

cancelling contract

• 7 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I have been trying to cancel my contract for the past week it sends me on a never ending loop between the app and the ID website. I have put in a request to end my contract but it would not let me confirm the disconnection without speaking to customer service. I tried the live chat a few times but no one was available. There does not appear to be a number to call or email to resolve this. I have had to set up this account on the community forum purely to get this resolved. It seems you have tried to make this as difficult as possible to leave. The message I got when trying to disconnect says:

https://porting.idmobile.co.uk/AutoSwitchingCommunity is under construction

Stay tuned”

Please cancel my contract asap.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Michelle 20 January 2021, 10:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @maisieam,

I am very sorry to hear about this! We will have our Support Team send you a PM now to offer further support with your cancellation.

Ryan

I am still waiting for this message. I have tried to get through via carphone website but id mobile offices are closed due to the pandemic.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sminkster99,

We have not said we were going to Private Message you so you would never have received this, unless you’re referring to a different message?

I’ve replied to your other post made on the Community.

Mohammed

The same thing happened to me, except the app told me numerous times my contract would be ended but has infact just carried on denying my account which I have cancelled the direct debit for. 

*debting*

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Joeldixon99,

When you submit a disconnection, it’s a 30-day cancellation as notice is required.

This means:

Your account will remain active for the 30-day period

Any bills generated are done so as normal

If the bill that was generated during this time is due to be collected, payment is collected as normal

After the disconnection has completed, a final bill is generated

On this final bill, you’ll find any termination fee Only if you had time left on your contract term

You’ll also find any out of plan usage, add-ons, line rental that’s left if any

It’s possible your final bill may even be a credit if you’ve overpaid

You’ll need to leave your Direct Debit active to allow this final bill to be collected, which, as per all Direct Debits is 14-days after it’s porduced. 

Mohammed

Do you really think I haven’t already tried this? I’ve legitimately tried that 5 times over the past 2 months, it still continues to rack up on my account. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Joeldixon99 

I can see we did message you 28 days ago, however, we have not received any reply back from you?

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?