Question

Cancelling My Contract

Userlevel 1

I have had this phone for over 2 years and would like to cancel my contract now, I'm unable to do so online and was thinking of simply cancelling the direct debit at the bank as your call centersĀ and online chat is closed. I would also need my PAC code so if you could advise on how to obtain that as well as ive found a cheaper tariff elsewhere.

Ā 

Thanks

23 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @FHallĀ 

Ā 

Getting a PAC Code is as easy as sending a message and this is all need to cancel your contract. As soon as you pass your PAC Code to your new provider your iD Contract will automatically cancel itself.Ā HereĀ is the instructions how to get your PAC Code.Ā 

Ā 

I would not recommend cancelling a direct debit without getting your contract cancelled first as this could create difficult situation for both you and the provider.Ā HereĀ is more information about it.

Ā 

Kind RegardsĀ 

Gregor

I would like to cancel my contract aswell however I cant recieve the pass code for my accountĀ  as I have forgotten my password.

I'm trying to follow protocol but I'd aren't making it easy!!Ā 

Pleas can some one send me the pass code to my phone!!!!!

Ā 

Please reply asap!!!

Ā 

Regards jon

Userlevel 1

Hi

Ā 

The date of birth ID have is incorrect as Iā€™ve tried to upgrade in Carphone Warehouse before the lockdown. Could i verify my account with other details as IĀ really want to cancel the contract asap.

Ā 

Thanks

I am trying to contact I.D but I am not sure if anybody is there?

Iā€™m having the same problem, their cancellation page isnā€™t working which is convenient.Ā 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @FHallĀ @JoelmanĀ @Sandy999Ā @JonnyricerĀ 

Ā 

If you are looking to cancel your contract and move to a different provider you donā€™t need to contact us, or need to have access to your online account.

You can simply send a text, there are two different texts to send, one to get your PAC if youā€™d like to take your number with you and a second to get your STAC if you donā€™t need your number.

Neither of these texts need any further information other than what is stated below:

• PAC

If you want to keep your mobile number and move to another provider simply text

PAC and send it to 65075

Its totally free and will alsoĀ include important information about any early termination charges or pay-as-you-go credit balances

Reminder:Ā you will have 30 days in which to provide your PAC to your new provider

• STAC

If you donā€™t need to keep your number and want move to move to a different provider simple text

STAC and send it to 75075

Again, its totally free and will alsoĀ include important information about any early termination charges or pay-as-you-go credit balances

Reminder:Ā you will have 30 days in which to provide your STAC to your new provider

Ā 

Hope this helps guys,

Ā 

Richard C

Iā€™ve requested to cancel but changed my mind how can I undo this , Iā€™ve decided to just upgradeĀ 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @MikaylaĀ 

If you requested to cancel via gaining a PAC or STAC code via text or through our App you donā€™t need to do anything as long as you havenā€™t given the code to a new provider.

Ā 

However if you contacted us and gave your 30days notice youā€™ll need to contact us to cancel your cancellation, but please bear in mind during the current climate wait times are longer than usual.

Kind regards,

Richard C

Yes theyā€™ve given me the date which Iā€™ll be cut off , who do I contact to to cancel my cancel

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @MikaylaĀ 

Ā 

I have sent you a private messageĀ :slight_smile:

Ā 

Kind regards,

Richard C

Hi,

I want to cancel the contract I took out for a phone for my mother in law. None of the situations you posted in your reply are relevant. I donā€™t want to keep the number, I donā€™t want to move to another provider and the phone has not been in use for a long time. Please let me know what I need to do to end the contract.

Thank you,

LisaC

Userlevel 1

Hi @Richard.CĀ @GregorĀ 

Ā 

Thank you for your response but the info given doesn't quite resolve my situation. The date of birth on my account must be incorrect as iā€™ve beenĀ unable to cancel my contract by requesting the PAC code. The text I get back states something went wrong and to contact Customer Service. Please could i be privately messaged or contacted to resolve this. Iā€™d be more than happy to verify my account with other details. I simply want to end the contract as soon as possible please.

Thank you

Ā 

Iā€™mĀ cancellingĀ my contract which ends on the 12th of May.Ā Is it possible to end your contract on the app? Iā€™ve been trying for the past few days and itĀ doesnā€™t seem to be working.Ā When I follow the link on the app it says that the page is ā€˜under constructionā€™.

Also, what is the additional Ā£16.18Ā line rental charge for? I have no outstanding usage charges on my account. IĀ was under the impression I could pay the rest of my contract off by paying my last monthly bill (18.92)

Ā 

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

HiĀ @FHallĀ @NatashaRĀ 

Iā€™ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I want to cancel my contract without any barcode

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Isoken Osagie,

If you are on a SIM-only plan, you can cancel the plan through your online account. If you are on a handset plan, youĀ can cancel the plan by getting in touch with us.

You can contact us here butĀ I will also PM you with another method of contact during this time.

Ryan

I also want to cancel a contract, which runs out in 3 weeks. My son hasn't used the phone since December, since he got a new contract for himself. I pay for it and can't remember any login details and can't contact anyone by phone, as all call centres are closed. Please help

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

HI @KAZBlack29Ā 

Welcome to iD Community.

So sorry to hear you want to leave us at iD Mobile.

Please click on this link below , it has have all the information on how to cancel.

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancellations-59/how-to-cancel-your-id-mobile-plan-31836

Please keep your Direct Debit open, the reason you should is -Ā After your 30 daysā€™ notice period ends, your plan will close, and weā€™ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. If your Direct Debit fails (and itā€™ll obviously fail if youā€™ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected ā€“ so please keep your Direct Debit open!Ā 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pearl

ā€‹

Hi,

My contract runs out on 28th of May. A month ago I had an option in "My Account" section to end my plan. Now it's gone, just tells me to contact the support. I didn't select ant upgrade. Does it mean it will terminate itself and this will be the final bill? I don't want it to charge me if I'm not using it and the contract is finished and I have no button to end my plan. (Please don't copy and paste the link how to end the plan because I have done it and it's not there anymore).

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @PessenĀ 

I have sent you private message with more details.Ā 

Regards

Aklima

Hello,

I got a plan on 23 April that I donā€™t need any more. Account 12106522. Please refund me.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Nicoleta

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

HiĀ @NMitchĀ 

Welcome to the Community.

So sorry to hear you want to leave us at iD Mobile.

Please click on this link below , it has have all the information on how to cancel.

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancellations-59/how-to-cancel-your-id-mobile-plan-31836

Please keep your Direct Debit open, the reason you should is -Ā After your 30 daysā€™ notice period ends, your plan will close, and weā€™ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. If your Direct Debit fails (and itā€™ll obviously fail if youā€™ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected ā€“ so please keep your Direct Debit open!Ā 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pearl

HelloĀ @Pearl_c6Ā 
Ā 

Perhaps I wasnā€™t clear enough,Ā but I just procured the contract and want a REFUND. Under your current T&Cā€™s, I am allowed to get a refund.

I finally got somebody via chat and my refund was processed.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Why iD Mobile?