Cannot call landlines & no 4G coverage after Joining iD Mobile

• 25 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Being promised amazing stuff on the phone. After 14 days (just in time to cancel a 2 years contract) the reality is that i’m feeling to be under a fraud:

• cannot call landlines numbers
  • 4G never works
  • impossible to talk to anyone

If this is not canceled by today I’ll be stuck two years with this provider.

Nice move guys!

8 replies

Userlevel 1

Carephonewarehouse cannot cancel the contract because I’m over the 14 days. I’m waiting for an answer. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @dario.mohaddes,

If you purchased the contract via Carphone Warehouse, you would need to speak to Carphone Warehouse regarding the return of your contract.

We can disconnect the account outside of your returns period, but would incur a termination fee for doing so.

We’d recommend you get in touch with Carphone Warehouse when possible.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

hello Mohammed,

thanks a lot for you prompt reply. Unfortunately the deactivation period has expired as the contract started about 10 days before I’ve received the SIM card, and between transferring the number from the old SIM and trying the line, far more than 4 days remaining to cancel the contract has passed since. I got in touch with Carphone Warehouse and they told me to get in touch with the service provider.

So, I’m trying to paraphrase your post: for what I understood I have to pay some cancellation fees to get off from a contract which promises a service that doesn’t work. Is that correct? In case, how much would bee this cancellation fees? 

Thanks

Dario

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Dario,

If there’s been a delay with your delivery from Carphone Warehouse, it could be argued that you haven’t had a chance to try the service in time. The Termination fee would be based upon your contract length and price.

Assuming you’re on a 24-month contract, you’d be charged for the remaining 24-months (or 23 months if a payment has been taken for your first bill).

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed,

I was happy to change operator with something that worked. I don’t see why you are shifting the problem to a complete different matter while my opening topic was about ID selling a service that doesn’t work. I’d like to be contacted from someone from management as soon as you can please to resolve this matter in the best way. Otherwise I will take this your last statement (which is my opinion has been absolutely unprofessional, you should give some technical explanation rather than play the blame game) as enough reason to stop the payment and live with my peace of mind. The bank doesn’t have any problem with it and neither do I.

Thanks

Dario

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @dario.mohaddes,

We can only apologise for any upset caused here. My colleague was focusing on the issue surrounding cancellations due to your opening messages mentioning that you wanted a cancellation to happen today and that Carphone Warehouse would not cancel it for you as you are outside the 14-day period.

If the contract was purchased through a direct Carphone Warehouse channel (over the phone, online or in-store) then you would need to ask them to look into arranging a cancellation without fee for you because all we can do for you here would be to cancel the plan with a termination fee as we were not the original retailer. If it was bought from our own website or from our own Sales Team then it would be slightly different you see.

If you would kindly supply me with your postcode though, I’ll check out the coverage levels and the network mast statuses in your area to see if there is a known fault occurring.

Thank you,
Ryan

Userlevel 1

Coverage still rubbish, 4G basically ever works, Helpline useless and still a year and a half of contract to go. You can argue whatever you want but the fact remain that ID mobile is failing to deliver what I was promised. This is a borderline scam.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @dario.mohaddes 

Please could you confirm your postcode? We can then check your local mast to see if there are any reported issues.

Michelle

Why iD Mobile?