Solved

Fraud account setup in my name

• 29 October 2020
  • 24 replies

Just received a letter from ID Mobile for a final demand notice of payment. I have never dealt with ID mobile or set up an account. Approximately one month ago several phone contracts were taken out in my name. I have rectified the issue with the other phone companies who cancelled the accounts and updated my credit file appropriately. I believe this account was set up at a similar time to the other accounts week commencing 21st September 2020. I have filed several reports on action fraud and will file another for this. 

I tried contacting IDmobile customer services over the phone which was unsuccessful and can not find any other route of communication, hence this query. I tried Carphone Warehouse customer services who said I should contact IDmobile. Therefore, I have a letter asking for payment of an account that was not set up by myself and no way to flag this fraud. Please can someone set me up with the appropriate fraud team to get this sorted. Poor service if you ask me, all other companies had a fraud team who contacted me over the phone and dealt with the issue.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 March 2021, 11:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

24 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

H ithere @billyh94 

We’ve sent you a private message on here now so that we can take all the details on this and get this investigated and any impact from this reversed for you.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

My husband has received a final demand letter from you today (19/11/20) for a mobile account that has been fraudulently set up by someone else in his name. I have reported it to action fraud. 

Please help us to cancel this account as soon

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jackieg,

If you could kindly ask your husband to set up an account on here and message us, we’ll pick this up for you both right away.

Will

My husband does not have an e-mail account and is not computer literate. Please give me an address or a contact number. This is stressing me out.

Please private message me at my e-mail address.

thank you 

jackie

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @jackieg 

Have you tried contacting our Live Chat team? 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

I have reported the fact that someone has opened and account in my name without my permission twice so far and have had to report this to the police to get a crime number as ID Mobile cannot this type of problem without one. It appears that this is a common problem with ID Mobile.  ID Mobile appear to have no money laundering protocols so, in all probability, they will be fined and will be put out of business. until this happens has anyone got a telephone number where one can contact these people.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Mark S 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a private message so we can look into this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages

-Mohsin

Hey.

I am having the same problem too, someone setup an account in my name with out my knowledge!

Can you please help.

Best,

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @ddlennox 

So we can log all the relevant information to our Fraud Team. We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi. I just received a letter saying that i have set a contract up with you and I ow you money. I've never even heard of id mobile. I've been with ee for 25 year. Someone has opened the account up in my name. I've told action fraud. Can someone please get back to me ASAP. Katie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RedRed,

Sounds like you may have fallen victim to Fraud.

We’ve sent you a PM where we’ll pick this up for you.

Mohammed

Someone has opened an account with ID mobile, under my name. I am having the same issue as the people above.

Need to resolve this, please help.

regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Vimaza12,

Sorry to hear that you have fallen victim to fraud. 

We have sent you a private message so that we can take a look into this.

Please get back to our message so that we can assist you further.

Kash

To whom is may concern I am with EE mobile and I have had a letter through from ID mobile saying I Owe an outstanding balance, I have never been with yourselfs so I think I have been a victim of identity fraud someone using my name and address  , I've been advised I need a crime reference number from ID mobile is there someone that can help get this ASAP. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @connorlal1,

I have sent you a private message so that we can get this escalated over to our fraud team.

Please get back to our message so we can assist you further.

Kash

Hi. I’ve had a fraud in my name. This is dating back to 2016. Thought it was sorted and now it’s on my Experian. 
I’ve never even heard of you. 
I was using your messenger service for 1 hour. She kept saying. Please wait. Then cut off. 
I’ve searched to find your fraud team but you don’t have one. 
I need to log this and I have all the emails saying this was sorted in 2018. terrible you have placed this on my credit file. I wasn’t even living in England at that time. 
who do I contact ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Stephenxxxx,

Sorry to hear this has happened.

I’ll PM you so we can pick this up and get this flagged.

Mohammed

Hi, I have had a fraudulent account set up with you using my card details. I have never had an account with you and I’m unable to get in touch using live chat. 
This happened in March 2021 and I cancelled my card immediately. However I have now received a letter from you via creditors demanding £99.96. I have contacted the creditors to let them know the situation but they asked if I could contact you to rectify the problem. The client reference on the letter is 12342980. Please can you follow this up as I do not want this to affect my credit rating.

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Joe Emery 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile . 

Just received a letter from ID Mobile for a final demand notice of payment. I have never dealt with ID mobile or set up an account. Approximately one month ago several phone contracts were taken out in my name. I have rectified the issue with the other phone companies who cancelled the accounts and updated my credit file appropriately. I believe this account was set up at a similar time to the other accounts week commencing 21st September 2020. I have filed several reports on action fraud and will file another for this. 

I tried contacting IDmobile customer services over the phone which was unsuccessful and can not find any other route of communication, hence this query. I tried Carphone Warehouse customer services who said I should contact IDmobile. Therefore, I have a letter asking for payment of an account that was not set up by myself and no way to flag this fraud. Please can someone set me up with the appropriate fraud team to get this sorted. Poor service if you ask me, all other companies had a fraud team who contacted me over the phone and dealt with the issue.

I have had a fraud account setup in my name how can I report it? 

Sam

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Samuel Crane,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

@Kash @Michelle @Mohammed I need help removing a fraudulent search from my credit report from ID Mobile. Equifax have tried to remove it but ID Mobile have refused and asked me to contact you.

I have sent @Kash a message but please can someone assist. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @tobiasrichards,

We are sorry to hear about this issue. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?