Solved

fraud order placed in my name

• 7 October 2020
  • 26 replies

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft and have had lots of mobile phone contracts set up using my details with various providers. 

The live chat does not work on the IDMobile website and I cannot find an email to contact or a number to call where it is actually possible to speak to someone. 

How do I go about reporting this and get the account closed?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Will 16 October 2020, 14:49

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 2

Twitter seems to be the best place to get a quick reply from someone that works at iD mobile. Be aware that the reply may not be as quick as you’d like. There is no telephone point of contact at all for this company. 

Userlevel 2

Seems as though we are going through the same hassle at the moment. I too received a default notice from O2 today for another line and phone taken out in my name and address but not by me. It does seem as though the fraudsters are currently running rampant. I will quickly say that O2 customer service were simple and easy to deal with and immediately killed the sim and phone, and took my details off the fraudulent account while I was on the call. The same can not be said for iD mobile. I hope you get an answer from someone quickly. I ended up posting a strongly worded tweet to iD mobiles front page. This is what eventually activated a response. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Muhammad sohail, I’ve just dropped you a private message. Could you check your Inbox and get back to us as soon as possible?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@freddo1992,

Have you spoken to someone at iD Mobile regarding this or do you still require assistance with it?

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mcostas 

We’ve sent you a PM regarding this.

Tom

I've sent you two messages can someone please answer me Katie 

Hi,

I have just received a final demand notice for a fraudulent account opened in my name, which I have not done. Please can someone private message me to ensure the account is closed and I do not receive any more such warnings?

Thanks!

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft. I have reported this to the bank. The bank account details you have is also an account set up fraudulently in my name.  I need this resolved asap as this is not my doing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RedRed,

We’ve replied to you already and sent a PM please check this.

Mohammed

Please reply me I have to clear this problem as soon as possible please thanks 

Hi, I have received a letter through the post today opening an account with ID, I have not done this so would like to the account closed as soon as possible, they have my name and address so I would appreciate somebody getting in contact with me.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear that @fjom20 

Before anything else, please report this matter to the police online here: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

We’ve just now sent you a private message on here now so that we can take some further details from you to have this investigated.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

I have now received a final demand notice stating I will be referred to a debt collection agency and legal proceedings may be issued.

I need to speak to someone urgently, please send me some contact details so this can be cleared up as a matter of URGENCY!!!!!!

I am also not an ID Mobile customer and an account has been setup in my name fraudulently. I have already reported this to the Police and to Car Phone Warehouse, who setup the accounts.

I need assurances that that my credit score is not affected by this and I will no longer be chased for monies I do not owe?

Please send me a contact number to enable me to resolve this case?

Thanks

@freddo1992,

Have you spoken to someone at iD Mobile regarding this or do you still require assistance with it?

Kash

I think Experian has contacted ID mobile on my behalf but if this could be checked that would be great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SharkieTom,

Welcome to the Community!

So sorry to hear that you have been a victim of fraud.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

I have just received a final demand notice for a fraudulent account opened in my name, which I have not done. Please can someone private message me to ensure the account is closed and I do not receive any more such warnings?

Thanks!

@freddo1992,

Kash

I think Experian has contacted ID mobile on my behalf but if this could be checked that would be great.

Hello @freddo1992  and @Fraudulentaccount 

We’ll shortly send you both Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issues further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Davedave,

That’s odd.

Fraud orders don’t usually relate to upgrades but we will send you a PM anyway just so we can check this and be sure.

Mohammed

Hi, 

I’ve also had the same problem, had a debt collector letter for over 100 pounds for an account I’ve never had. Is there a number or someone I can speak to about this?

Userlevel 2

Hi

i am desperately trying to find someone to talk to about an account that has been set up using my name and address. Please help 🙏🏼 

Twitter seems to be the best place to get a quick reply from someone that works at iD mobile. Be aware that the reply may not be as quick as you’d like. There is no telephone point of contact at all for this company. 

You’d think there would be at least a number for emergencies like these. Seems to be happening to a lot of people too, obviously phone companies need to up their security for opening new accounts. I have had the same issue with O2 for a much bigger sum of money but that’s with their fraud team now. I’m assuming it’s the same people but could be anyone.

I have received several emails from ID mobile saying I have upgraded my acc and started a new one. It’s not me but the emails are in my name. I fear it’s fraudulent activity but can’t get to speak with anyone from ID mobile

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Andy Walker,

We sent you a Private message 6 days ago to assist you with this. Please respond there so we can get this resolved for you.

Will

I don’t think I’ve got enough followers unfortunately lol, I also tweeted O2 but for them it was better to call.

I’ve reported to action fraud, and also found some help contacting Experian, I had to use their free trial to get credit expert but they have forms of fraud protection on that, so if anyone from the UK is having the same issues I recommend doing the above :)

Why iD Mobile?