Solved

Fraudulent Account

• 11 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Someone has set up an ID Mobile account fraudulently using my details and I have now received a final demand letter for payment, I need to get this sorted ASAP as do not want to have any credit issues, I have set up a report on the police action fraud website but would like ID Mobile to get to the bottom of this as well, and from looking on here seems quite a few people are have the same issues with identity theft

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 12 February 2021, 14:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mbalmer115,

I’m sorry to hear that.

I’ll PM you now so we can get this raised to our Fraud Team.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have talked to someone on live chat this morning and provided them with all the relevant information they required so am just waiting to hear back, I also have a reference number for the fraud investigation so will let you know if I require further assistance 

Someone has set up an account in my name and a direct debit from my account. How do I contact the fraud department? I have a crime reference number.

Userlevel 1

You have to go to there website and have a live chat or log in on this community and post a question about someone setting up a fraudulent account in your name and someone will send you a private message, I managed to get through on live chat on the website, I personally think it’s a joke they don’t have a call centre you can contact and actually speak to someone in person instead of online, from looking on this community it seems a lot of people have had fraudulent accounts set up in there names, almost like ID MOBILE aren’t doing stringent enough checks on people applying for contracts, hope this helps and you get sorted, I’ve never even heard of this company till I got letters through in my name wanting money for unpaid bills set up in my name

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jenbren 

We will send you a private message now to help with this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Hi

i have had the same happen to me and can’t seem to get hold of anyone on live chat or private message to resolve. Could someone contact me ASAP please

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Becisia,

We’ll drop you a Private Message to get this logged appropriately for you.

Will

Why iD Mobile?