Solved

Gone abroad, want cancel and keep number

• 11 June 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm currently abroad for a year and want to cancel my monthly iD plan because I won't be using it, but I want to keep my number for when I'm back. iD doesn't seem to offer a pay-as-you-go option, so means I either have to keep up the monthly payments or port it to another network that does have PAYG. The latter is a little difficult as I don't think you can buy UK SIMs abroad. Suggestions?
icon

Best answer by chrisketchum 17 June 2018, 04:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi there Chriske,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble keeping your number, I am afraid we do not offer the ability to port your number from one iD Mobile account to another which does mean you cannot port over to a Pay As You Go SIM card.

As you understand, you can port your number over to a UK SIM card, however, it may be a little difficult with you being out of the country.

Will you be back in the UK at any point?

Chloé
Userlevel 1
Hi Chloe,

I'm going to get a family member to buy me a UK SIM, and then I will make phone calls (via Skype to Phone) to iD and the new network to transfer my number.

Apparently ASDA Mobile is best for my situation (https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/payg-inactivity-account-termination-and-credit-expiry).

Thanks,
Chris
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Sounds like a good plan @chrisketchum

Let us know if you need any more help with this! :)

Chloé.

Why iD Mobile?