How to Cancel Your iD Mobile Plan

• 19 January 2021
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

If you’re not moving to another network, you can end your plan via the iD Mobile app or your online account.

There’s a 30-day disconnection period, which applies even if the minimum term of your contract has ended. This means you’ll continue to pay for your iD Mobile services for the next 30-days.

At the end of the disconnection period, we’ll terminate your number and send you your final bill.

To cancel your plan without moving to another network, simply:

• Go to My Account > Manage my plan > Thinking of leaving > Switch or Cancel Now
  • Choose End your iD Mobile plan and follow the instructions

If you’re unable to cancel your plan using the iD Mobile App or your online account, you can chat to one of our Live Chat agents. The team are available to answer chats 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

This topic has been closed for comments

23 replies

Hi. I took out a sim only with you years ago for my son, my wife also did the same for my other son. I thought she cancelled the sim only at the same time I did but she did not. We no longer have the sim or the sim number so I would like to know how I can leave this contract asap.

many thanks

Userlevel 1

Cancelling my contract. Followed the instructions and then this..

a never ending loop which takes you to a page under construction.

No contact telephone number to speak to a human, chat bot is useless. You make it as difficult to leave as possible. Maybe we wouldn’t leave if your prices were competitive and customer service was better, or even existed.

My contract finishes 8th Feb and I want out. Completely. No I haven’t received a PM, yes I have tried on the app and online.

Userlevel 1

Cancelling my contract. Followed the instructions and then this..

a never ending loop which takes you to a page under construction.

No contact telephone number to speak to a human, chat bot is useless. You make it as difficult to leave as possible. Maybe we wouldn’t leave if your prices were competitive and customer service was better, or even existed.

My contract finishes 8th Feb and I want out. Completely. No I haven’t received a PM, yes I have tried on the app and online.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @darryl6thomas @cbird 

We will send you a Private Message to help with canceling your sim/contract.

-Mohsin

I LOST MY SIM SO I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY CODES THAT YOU MAY SEND. SO CANNOT LOG ON TO MY ACCOUNT / CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT. PLEASE ADVISE HOW I CAN CANCEL MY CONTRACT. CHAT DOES NOT WORK. BY PHONE ONLY RECORDER MESSAGES THAT DON’T HELP. YOU MAKE IT VERY DIFFICULT TO CANCEL A CONTRACT. URGENTLY ADVISE PLS 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @GUIDO 

We will send you a Private Message now to help with this.

-Mohsin

I want to cancel my contract once it has completed its term, the system keeps sending me round in circles or to links that do not work. The live chat link is just a bot response with no link to a solution 

Went through the process to cancel as above but the final page says “Please contact support services” but the link provided is broken.

Any update how to leave idmobile I have not got the phone or sim any longer, please I know its in your interest to delay as much as possible but this is bad CS for sure, website doesn't work, please answer DM me asap 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @samjone59469 

We will send you a Private Message to help with canceling your sim.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Eddie. GM 

Are you wanting to cancel your contract now or once it has finished?

-Mohsin

My problem is the same as the replies to this topic. A never ending loop. I wish to cancel and give 30 days notice.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @justintime129 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and help you with your disconnection request.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

I would like to cancel my contract now - it is a rolling 30 day one. I cannot cancel it via the website or app - I get directed to a customer service website that is still under construction. Please help.

Look, I’ve already emailed you about this account holder and you didn’t bother to reply then either. She’s dead. She’s been dead for months. Stop sending her bills , it’s insensitive and upsetting to her children.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@gs123 

We’ve sent you a private message now on here so that we can assist you further with that.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sincerely sorry to hear of that @Eldridge71861

Generally speaking in cases like that we simply need to see a copy of the Death Certificate and we’ll be able to bring any accounts in that persons name to a close.

We’ll send you a Private Message on here now so that we can assist you further.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Userlevel 1

I have fulfilled my 24 month contract and wish to now cancel it. I have asked the same question on this site and sent messages via messenger but nothing replied to yet.

The site and app continually send you in circles and then give a broken link that send you to a page under construction.

can any employee of ID reply back and assist ?

my contract was faultless as was my coverage but this is starting to diminish this good feeling

I am having the same problem. I wish to cancel my contracts but the site and app continually send you in circles and it sends you to a page under construction not allowing you to continue.

My contracts end on 16 March 2021 & we no longer require these phones so i am trying to do cancel them now to give the required 30 days notice

I also agree that the service has been faultless up until now. I am finding it frustrating that i can not easily cancel the contracts.

Please could a ID employee reply back

Many Thanks

Userlevel 1

Shanty, 

I went onto the chat bot yesterday typed in ‘horrible service’ and it put me thru to some human contact. I did get my situation resolved after speaking with customer service firstly and then retentions/disconnections. yesterday with my total disconnection on 17th Feb, 

Suggest you try similar 👍

Stevie

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Stevie661,

We’re glad you’ve managed to get your issue sorted.

@Shanty We’ll drop you a Private Message now to assist you with your cancellation.

Will

Hello, in the same boat in trying to cancel. My contract has come to end, though there is some outstanding balance left to pay (which I did but the payment was pending then didn't go through...). Can I ask when the contract period is finished but there is still outstanding balance, it doesn't "roll over" into another month where you're paying again though your contract is finished? Can someone from ID mobile send me PM pls.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @janesabc 

Once a contract comes to an end and you have given the notice to disconnect, the contract will disconnect after 30 days or when you have used a PAC code. 

The day after your account disconnects you will be issued a final bill and payment would be taken 14 days later.

Further information about leaving iD Mobile can also be found via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-support/leaving-id

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?