Solved

I am 2 weeks into first month with iD, how do I leave without losing my number

• 15 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I am only 2 weeks into first month with iD and feel I made a huge mistake joining them for the 10GB for £10 offer. How do I leave without losing my telephone number and without losing another £10.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 18 July 2018, 16:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Figgis,

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us.

If you're on a SIM-only plan, you can request a PAC code in the app and give this to your new network provider. Once your number has been transferred, your services with iD will stop and the contract will be cancelled.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
With the difficulty signing into the app and sneaky charges for exceeding 160 characters in a text plus having to pay extra because I always have a subject in a text or email, your offer of unlimited texts does not seem very good. I expected a trouble free experience with 10GB Data, unlimited texts and 300 odd minutes. I have barely touched the allowance.

I only activated the SIM under a week ago & I already want to flee. Perhaps I should stick to PAYG 3, 2, 1 and my landline and wireless laptop.
Userlevel 1
Hi Figgis,

It sounds like your phone is converting SMS messages into MMS messages when you go over 160 characters. Look for a setting in the messenger or messages app to stop it doing this. Mine also defaults to sending MMS messages instead of SMS when I send to multiple recipients, but I have adjusted the settings to stop it doing this.

Hope this helps!
Userlevel 1
Thanks for replying stu b.

The problem is that I don't know what I'm looking for in settings. I have a Moto G4 phone and have raised a query on their Forum. I did find some tips on this and the menu selections were nothing like mine. It also said 160 characters was outdated and the maximum size was now 480. Hopefully I will get a reply on the Motorola website soon.

Does this happen with other providers.

Edit: I found 2 MMS settings. auto download MMS is toggled off and auto download MMS when Roaming which is inactive but it's also toggled off. There is also Default SMS app with messages underneath & when I tap it, up pops a menu with the words Change SMS app & underneath Messages (default). If I select it I can't change it.

Why iD Mobile?