Question

I can't cancel my contract the page is not working and live chat is not working either

• 7 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I have moved to another provider but am unable to cancel my contract with ID which was supposed to end today. I am aware of the 30 day cancellation policy but haven’t been able to cancel due to the page not working and live chat also not working. Not sure how else I can contact someone to help me. Now i am having to pay for 2 phone contracts of which I am only using one. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Aicha,

If you don’t want to keep your existing mobile number you could ask iD for a STAC number.
You can do this from your My Account online:

My Account > Thinking of Leaving? > Switch or Cancel Now

What's a STAC number?

It’s the code your new network needs if you want to switch network, take a NEW number and cancel your old contract.

Once you’ve got your iD STAC number, just give this to your new mobile service provider.

Otherwise you could try Live Chat again between 9am - 8pm weekends, so that you speak to an iD advisor.

Anyway, good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Aicha,

As ​​​@andewhite has advised, the easiest way to cancel a plan when moving to a new provider (whilst not needing to take your number with you) after the contract has ended is to use a STAC code as this will end the plan immediately and without the need to wait the 30-day notice period. Further information can be found HERE.

If you need further help with cancelling the plan with the 30-days notice, please let us know.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?