Solved

identity fraud

• 11 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have recently been a victim of identity theft and have had lots of mobile phone contracts set up using my details with various providers. 

I have a debt collection letter of amount of £77.

please get this sorted out quickly as this has affected my credit rating.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Michelle 25 January 2021, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @omarsheikh,

We are very sorry to hear about that! We will send you a PM now in order to get this sorted.

Ryan

I am not an ID mobile customer but have just received a letter regarding an account that has been set up in my name. I have  been a victim of identity theft and have had lots of mobile phone contracts set up using my details with various providers. This was last year March 2020 I did contact you guys last year and now I have just found out it’s on my credit score with Expedia and is causing me problems. My action fraud crime number is : nfrc200303521922 which was logged 03 March 2020 who are aware of this fraud 

the id phone number that this is about is 07312096774 Please can we get this sorted as soon as possible as it is causing me problems with my credit score for connection to my mortgage it is very urgent 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Mampysamra 

We can help resolve this issue and report the account to our Fraud Team.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

I have reported identity fraud and still havnt heard anything back from the fraud team. I am now being sent final demands for a 7 day period to pay up! I need to get in contact and can’t so I need answers ASAP my credit rating has been affected already and I’m due to get a new mortgage soon looks great not paying contracts that are not even mine!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Chris85,

I can understand and appreciate how frustrating it can be whenever something like this happens.

Our Fraud Team take up to 30-days to fully investigate claims of fraud and we would expect them to get in touch with you once done. How did you report this case to us?

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?