IDMobile not honouring written contract termination

• 2 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Well after appalling mobile service I decided to cancel my IDMobile contract (rolling month).

I wrote to the head office address in London with relevant information about my service and instructed that I was exercising my right to cancel my contract with 30 days notice.

IDMobile did not cancel the contract or terminate the service at the end of 30 days, instead they continued the service and infact have billed for yet another month.

How do you deal with a company that doesn’t even action written communication to their own headoffice?

I follwed up with an online chat, was advised service would be cancelled, but they have billed yet another month!

How inept do you have to be as a company to fail to cancel a contract once the contractual notice has been given in writing to your headoffice?

How exactly do you give notice if not in the manner specified by the contract?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @neptuneuk,

The easiest way to cancel your monthly rolling plan would be to log into your online account to do so. You can also contact our Live Chat Team or contact us via Social Media to request a cancellation. A PAC or STAC code can also be used to cancel the plan if you have moved to another network.

If you have not heard back from your letter sent to the head office then your plan will not have been cancelled. The letter may not have been received unless you have tracking for the letter.

We’ll shortly send you a private message so we can assist you further with your cancellation. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?