Question

impossible instructions

I had a contract with Id that was started in error. Not wanting to loose my old number this was never used. I have repeatedly tried to find a way to cancel it - but never got past the automated systems for my other id accounts as a result I finally (after 6 months!) resorted to cancelling my Direct Debit - something noticed that at least. 

Now I would love to pay the final bill. but when i call the number it asks for My mobile number - no idea what it is as it was never used. When I use a mobile it just connects to the relevant mobile account which Is up-to-date.

I will challenge any attempt to collect ‘the debt’ on the grounds that you have made it impossible to pay.

I know there are humans out there but I have yet to meet one or talk to one, or find a way to email one or find a way to use the chat as you all need the relevant mobile number - which I don’t have and never have done. 

As you can see I am pissed off

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ethelrediii,

We would usually expect our customers to know their phone number which is why the automated service is there to help, but we’re sorry you weren’t able to find another channel of contact. 

Although we cannot be contacted over the phone for customer support queries, we have a number of ways for people to get in touch with us. We can be contacted via our Live Chat service and there is a chatbot at first, but when there are agents available it should put you through once you make the request to speak to an agent. We can also be contacted through our social media channels; Facebook and Twitter.

We’ll send you a private message on this community to help further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

Ryan

But ryan the first thing it asks fir is the mobile number!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ethelrediii,

When using our Live Chat Service, any phone number can be entered to initiate a chat, only when using our automated service phoneline do you need to use the iD Mobile number. 🙂 

We’ve sent you a private message as mentioned and someone will be back in touch soon.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?