Solved

Issue with ending my contract

• 12 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Good afternoon, 

Due to a family fall-out, my son took out another mobile phone contract and left me with the one I was paying for him to sort out.

I went online to ID to request the account be closed - I was ‘chatting’ to a bot who advised that someone would be getting in touch to confirm this - I don’t have any chat transcription or know the exact date so cannot show proof - I then went on to cancel to direct debit and wait for someone to contact me - no one did. The last DD paid was 25th June so would have been shortly after this.

I then received a message from my son saying he had been contacted by a debt collection agency on 23rd Sept requesting payment. He sent me the email and I spoke to various departments and members of ID through online chat - this transcript I have. They say there was no record of any chat with me requesting the account be closed.

ID have opened a Complaint Case but have still tried to contact me through my sons mobile number - even when specifically told to use my number has his phone and its number is no longer in use.

I have come here to try and get help as there is no phone numbers to contact ID and the chat system is not working!

And I have now had a text from another credit agency requesting payment! I have spoken to them and advised I am trying to resolve this with ID so they have put their account on hold for the time being.

Could someone please get in touch with me through my contact details to try and get this resolved?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 15 October 2020, 14:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Do ID Mobile staff members read these posts and act on them? 

I was hoping to get this sorted but had no replies or any communication with ID as yet?

Many thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @DarrenT71,

We do read these posts but we’re also dealing with a high volume of contact so our replies are not instant.

We’re working to reply to everyone as quickly as we can.

This is something we can certainly investigate from here, but will need to PM you in order to pick up. Please check this and reply there so we can look into what’s been done so far.

Mohammed

i wish to cancell my contract as its rubbish

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @winerybrian,

Cancelling your plan shouldn’t be difficult at all sorry. Please click here to see all the relevant information on how to get that sorted.

If you find you still require assistance, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide it.

Will

Why iD Mobile?