Question

Leaving ID Mobile on a 30 day rolling contract

• 19 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Tomorrow (20th) is the last day of my contract. I’d like to leave for another provider.

1. If I cancel now, will my service be cancelled immediately?
  2. From 21st onwards, is my number going to be destroyed? My new plan with another provider start on 23rd, and I have already got a PAC code. Will I still be able to keep my number?

8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m in the same predicament as you and was wondering the same thing

Userlevel 1

Can you like my answer so it gets viewed & replied more quickly? thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @confuseduser & @nryn,

A contract will still continue after the expiry date as we require 30-days notice of you wanting to cancel your contract, so once you get in touch with us to express your wish to leave, the plan will last for 30 more days before closing, resulting in the loss of your number thereafter.

If you have a PAC code though, then by giving it to the new network it will cancel the plan as soon as your new network has your old number. Using a STAC code will also end the plan immediately without taking the number to the new network.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I have cancelled my contract, yet another 30-day just started, and I don’t intend to use it. What can I do? Please cancel for me. 

OFCOM have banned notice period charges.
So why are idMobile holding people to 30 days notice?
See:»
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/end-it-with-a-text-mobile-switching

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @confuseduser 

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to look into your account and assist you.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Aklima

Userlevel 1

The live chat button never showed up for me on my browser? Is there like a queue system?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @confuseduser, make sure you’re logged in and scroll down the page and it should appear. You may be placed in a queue, but the chat should appear almost instantly.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?