Question

No way to cancel my sim only due to covid 19 and now you are sending threatening letters

• 21 April 2020
  • 0 replies

Hi, 

I need your help to sort out an issue with my account. I bought a sim only package on March 22 from a carphone warehouse store in Hillsborough. The salesman said I could return it in 14 days if it didn't work for my needs (setting up a hotspot for livestreaming classes). 

It didn't so I called the store on March 27th, the message said they were permanently closed and to call Currys PC world, which I did but they had a message saying their call center was closed due to Covid 19. So I called Carphone warehouse, but their phone system wasn't working (no response to entering a choice in their automatic system). 

So I sent an email reply on March 27th to the email I received with the invoice saying that I was cancelling within the 14 days and because I couldn't get through to anyone that I was cancelling the direct debit (see attached for proof of dates). And then yesterday I have received a threatening letter from you for £30. 

I can't cancel using the app because I only used the SIM once to test a creating a hot spot and the speed was so slow that it wouldn't work for streaming so I sent the phone back (someone other than carphone warehouse) and cancelled within the 14 days. I have no idea where the SIM is, it very likely went into the bin. I have tried calling IDmobile, but the phone system won't recognise the pin (last 2 digits of the card and last 2 digits of the phone number). And I can't login on the contact us page on IDmobile website because whenever I enter the email address I used to set up the SIM only monthly pass it says 'enter a valid email address' (see image).

The phone number on the letter is 07401310228. I would like you to 1) remove the £30 charge and 2) confirm that the contract has been cancelled and there will be no further charges. I trust that given the unusual circumstances of Covid 19 where yours, Currys PC World's and Carphone Warehouse call centres had to close   that you'll be able to sort this out for me.

Thank you,

Koreen

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Why iD Mobile?