Solved

PAC Code Problem

Hi,

I have just ported my number from EE to ID Mobile, on a 30-day rolling SIM only deal. I now want to port out as the signal is too bad in my area. 

1. A few days into my ID contract, and a 1 day after my number port, I have just requested a PAC through the ID Mobile app. The PAC arrived from ID but it is the same PAC as I received from EE, with an expiry date in 21 days' time (even though it says "this code lasts 30 days")- is this right? Surely I should have a new PAC from ID??
icon

Best answer by Michelle 25 January 2021, 17:11

View original

41 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sarahk 

Welcome to iD Community.

Have you received a PAC and you want a new PAC?

Have you tried contacting our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’.

If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

I’m having this issue also.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ash2897 

I’ll drop you a Private Message now to get this sorted.

Will

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem, trying to leave my number can’t be ported as the pac code given is for Giff gaff. Now paying for 2 sims! Please help.

Userlevel 1

Having exactly the same problem - have requested a PAC from iD and I just get a VUK (Vodafone) PAC sent back - the one I used to move over to iD.  Can anyone on this thread indicate how the problem was solved.  Chat agents not available, despite it being within the normal Mon-Fri opening hours

Userlevel 1

Having exactly the same problem - have requested a PAC from iD and I just get a VUK (Vodafone) PAC sent back - the one I used to move over to iD.  Can anyone on this thread indicate how the problem was solved.  Chat agents not available, despite it being within the normal Mon-Fri opening hours

Right, I’ve tried using chat on a Mac instead of my phone and got through. I also emailed and just received a reply.

I now have a PAC code and on hold with EE To see if it works…..

PAC Code worked phew. Let’s hope they stop taking payments…..

Userlevel 1

Thanks, will try that email

Userlevel 1

Thanks, will try that email

Try chat online tomorrow in the hours on a PC or Mac. I connected straight away. Was sorted in 5 minutes. Tried for 3 days on mobile never worked

Userlevel 1

Top tip on using a proper computer - had been using iPad, but getting further on my Mac

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @tigerfish,

Are you all sorted now, or do you require any assistance?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @tigerfish,

Are you all sorted now, or do you require any assistance?

Will

Apologies I thought you were talking to me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Jezwillmar 

If you’ve got a PAC (code), used that, and the number has moved over to another provider now.

Then that will mean all is disconnected on our side and the account is closed.

If you have any final bill to pay that would be showing on your iD Mobile account (if you log in there) and it would automatically come out 14-days later via Direct Debit.

As others, I have requested a PAC code due to no signal in my house and all I get is the PAC code I gave idMobile when I joined. Please send me details of how to get an idMobil PAC code quickly.

As a cancer patient running outside checking for calls or messages is not ideal. 

Userlevel 1

As others, I have requested a PAC code due to no signal in my house and all I get is the PAC code I gave idMobile when I joined. Please send me details of how to get an idMobil PAC code quickly.

As a cancer patient running outside checking for calls or messages is not ideal. 

Hi I managed to resolve this with an online chat. It didn’t work from on my phone but did from a computer. Good luck and get well soon.

Fingers crossed🤞regarding PAC.

Unfortunately the other is terminal 😕

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Sarahk 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?