Solved

PAC codes and closing bill

• 10 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,

I have just ported my number from Vodafone to ID Mobile, on a 30-day rolling SIM only deal. I now want to port out to Virgin (EE) as the signal is too bad in my area.

1. 13 days into my ID contract, and 6 days after my number port, I have just requested a PAC through the ID Mobile app. The PAC arrived from ID but it is the same PAC as I received from Voda, with an expiry date in 16 days' time (even though it says "this code lasts 30 days")- is this right? Surely I should have a new PAC from ID??
  2. The message I received from ID with the PAC says that my bill will be £7.79 if I were to port today. My plan is £5 a month, and my first DD hasn't gone out yet, so that accounts for the first £5, but what is the other £2.79? There are no additional out-of-plan charges shown on my account so far, and I am fairly sure I've not incurred any additional charges.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 July 2019, 16:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi,

I have just ported my number from Vodafone to ID Mobile, on a 30-day rolling SIM only deal. I now want to port out to Virgin (EE) as the signal is too bad in my area.

1. 13 days into my ID contract, and 6 days after my number port, I have just requested a PAC through the ID Mobile app. The PAC arrived from ID but it is the same PAC as I received from Voda, with an expiry date in 16 days' time (even though it says "this code lasts 30 days")- is this right? Surely I should have a new PAC from ID??
  2. The message I received from ID with the PAC says that my bill will be £7.79 if I were to port today. My plan is £5 a month, and my first DD hasn't gone out yet, so that accounts for the first £5, but what is the other £2.79? There are no additional out-of-plan charges shown on my account so far, and I am fairly sure I've not incurred any additional charges.

Hello @lorrainp,

That's a very odd one here.

What happens when you text PAC to 65075

Are you given a different code or the same code you used to port in?

I would also believe that you'd get a new PAC code from us. Our PAC codes usually begin with VTM.
It would also be a new 30-days from when it was generated, not continue from the old one.

It looks like the PAC is charging for 30-days notice and so the additional £2.79 covers the remainder of the days making up 30-days from when it was requested.

Could you try sending the text and let us know what happens?

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks Mohammed.

Text just sent as suggested. I received a text back from ID with the exact same PAC (VUKxxxxxx), dates and bill amount as earlier. ☹️

Regarding charging 30 days notice - is that what it's supposed to do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @lorrainp,

That doesn't sound right at all!

We'll need to look into this further as it's very odd.

Can you email us onand include:

• A link to this topic
  • Your Community username (lorrainp)
  • Your full name
  • Your full address with postcode
  • iD Mobile number
  • Date of birth

We'll need to cancel the old PAC and pass this to our TechTeam to get the correct one for you!

Mohammed

(I've marked the topic as resolved as we've asked you to contact us via email and we can re-issue the correct PAC from there).

Userlevel 1
Just closing this one out. I followed Mohammed's instructions and received a new PAC code. Ported out smoothly and received the correct bill (no charges after my port-out date) at the end.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
That's for the update @lorrainp, we're glad everything was sorted in the end. :)

Ryan

Send me a New PAC code, please.  My contract ends tomorrow and I am joining another provider tomorrow.

Thank you 

Jude Ebere Eze

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Jude Ebere Eze 

I have answered your question on a previous post uploaded.

Thanks 

Aklima

Why iD Mobile?