Solved

Still being charged after cancelling contract

Userlevel 1

I cancelled my contract on 25/06/20 and have been charged twice since then once on the 9/07/20 and again on 22/07/20 and am unsure to why

icon

Best answer by Ryan 27 July 2020, 12:08

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 1

I have had the exact same issue as the first customer (@drewg) in this thread and now I have a credit company chasing me for money I never knew I owed. How many times do I have to contact this company to double and triple check I have left and no longer owe money? I am so glad I left, I just wish you weren’t attacking my credit rating at the same time! I’ve lost 100 points over this on Experian.

Userlevel 1

They still haven’t helped me mate so don’t get your hopes up

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, I did a phone upgrade from 12/6/23 through ID from an old contract of £35.43 and have been double charged in July. I have been charged for the new contract at 33.99 as well as 35.43.

I have cancelled my direct debit, however please can I have a refund for 35.43? I would also like you to update my ID account as it mentions my old contract not my new contract.

thank you.

beth Jolliffe 

Hey @Beth Anne,

If you were double billed twice in the same month it is sounding likely that you have purchased a new contract and not an upgrade.

Hence 2 charges.

If you have just received a slightly different bill but only one charge, then this is probably a pro-rata bill.

Let us know and we can PM you here to discuss further if needed.

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DebMorgan94,

We are sorry to hear about this situation. We would only ever produce a bill if one is owed so your contract may not have been cancelled as expected. We will send you a PM now so we can offer further support, and you can obtain real-time support by contacting our Live Chat Team here.

Ryan

Hi there, our contract was cancelled about 4 months ago, since then we have been still paying for a bill. We want the contract to be terminated. Is it possible to request a cancellation from your team?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Absolutely @Naziasultana,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DrewG,

We’re sorry to hear about that! When you cancelled your contract, which method did you use to do this?

If you have simply requested a cancellation rather than porting out then we require 30-days notice. This means that any bills due within the 30-days following on from your request will need to be paid in full, and a final bill will also need to be paid following on from the 30-day notice ending.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I used the code that allowed me to keep the same number when I swapped provider

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DrewG,

I see! Did your number fully port over to your new provider correctly and have you been using it?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Yeah it worked perfectly and have been using this phone for almost a month now

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DrewG,

Thank you for getting back in touch. We will have a member of our support team message you right away so we can check this out.

Ryan

I have had the exact same issue as the first customer (@drewg) in this thread and now I have a credit company chasing me for money I never knew I owed. How many times do I have to contact this company to double and triple check I have left and no longer owe money? I am so glad I left, I just wish you weren’t attacking my credit rating at the same time! I’ve lost 100 points over this on Experian.

It has taken me nearly 2 years to sort out cancellation of my 2 accounts one was closed but the other remained open and they were sending me texts for bills to the cancelled phone... so it was only when debt collection agency contacted me that I was aware the phones hadn't both been cancelled and I am still being charged even though I recontact ID on several occasions the last being Feb/March this year 2021 where they have said it has been cancelled at beg of April however my Experian credit Score has been hugely affected due to this. Absolutely outrageous and all for £9?! which I knew nothing of. 

It has taken me nearly 2 years to sort out cancellation of my 2 accounts one was closed but the other remained open and they were sending me texts for bills to the cancelled phone... so it was only when debt collection agency contacted me that I was aware the phones hadn't both been cancelled and I am still being charged even though I recontact ID on several occasions the last being Feb/March this year 2021 where they have said it has been cancelled at beg of April however my Experian credit Score has been hugely affected due to this. Absolutely outrageous and all for £9?! which I knew nothing of. 

I will never use this company again and will be making a complaint to the Ombudsman due to the impact and stress they have caused over an extended period of time. 

Good morning

I am having the same issue as the customer above. I cancelled my contract with in good time, in the account app and the information stated that the amount I had to pay was £0:00. I had  just paid a direct debit so I knew my account was up to date. 

I now have £26.50 to pay. 

When I try to look through the history of my account, to see confirmation of cancellation message, I get a note that says 'there is  no valid content to display.' 

Please can somebody contact me to explain what is happening.

Kind regards

DrewG

I have sent an email of complaint, ID mobile states that they will respond within 7-days.

If I have not had a response after 7 days, I will be reporting them to the Ombudsman. 

Not sure if you have gone down that route yet?

Userlevel 1

I got a private message from someone and they’re trying to say my details for my account are wrong however I’m logged into the account reading them off the details section so not sure what’s going on there

Hi, I did a phone upgrade from 12/6/23 through ID from an old contract of £35.43 and have been double charged in July. I have been charged for the new contract at 33.99 as well as 35.43.

I have cancelled my direct debit, however please can I have a refund for 35.43? I would also like you to update my ID account as it mentions my old contract not my new contract.

thank you.

beth Jolliffe 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

thank you.

beth Jolliffe 

Unfortunately @Beth Anne, it sounds like you haven’t upgraded your old contract at all, but have purchased a second iD plan (contract) instead. 

In addition, you’re probably now outside the 30-day cooling off period for your second purchase from iD Mobile, on 12-Jun-2023.

I think that’s why you’ve been billed £35.43, and £33.99 in July. 

Probably best to talk to iD customer service using the online iD live chat. The agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

FYI, cancelling the direct debit of £35.43 for the old iD contract does not cancel the contract - it just ends the payment method for the contract, which means you could miss a future contractual payment, which would be reported in your credit file.

Hi, the link does not work for online chat. Please can you help? I don’t want to be double charged and I was assured that my upgrade was sorted. Thank you 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, the link does not work for online chat. Please can you help? I don’t want to be double charged and I was assured that my upgrade was sorted. Thank you 

Okay @Beth Anne, I’m just a forum member like you, not from iD Mobile. 

If iD live chat doesn’t work, you can also contact iD customer service using Facebook Messenger, or send a Twitter DM. 

Alternatively, if you don’t mind waiting, here someone from iD will probably read you post later this week.

By using Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM, you’ll get assistance sooner than waiting here.
🤞

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Louise Tomlinson 

We are sorry to hear this. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.  
To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview 

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @7mlj, so that we can look into your billing query, we’ll need to take some details firstly via PM.

So please check your private messages shortly and we’ll follow this up there.

--

@DrewG, if you have changed address or something and we don’t have that, then you may need to let us know that too.  If someone has sent you follow up questions to answer to confirm you’re the account holder then just reply there and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can there.

Why iD Mobile?