Question

temporary suspension of phone contract

• 18 May 2020
  • 5 replies

I am currently overseas but have not used my UK phone number but am being charged an amount above my monthly rate. Why is this?

Additionally, how do I temporarily suspend my phone contract and reactivate it in a few months when I am back in the UK to avoid these extra payments?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @twishaardelle 

Welcome to iD Community.

To know everything about your bills , please click here.

In regards to the temporary suspension, we are unable to temporarily suspend and hold the connection.

Once the account is cancelled , your line will be disconnected completely.

For more information, you can contact our  Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Hi I'm a new customer to ID Mobile amd upon speaking with the sales team we came up with a roll on monthly contract at £14 a month with unlimited minutes and unlimited texts and 100gb of data.  I was told I'd get my first bill within 21 days from when we agreed set contracts giving direct debit details. A payment was took early and the bank cancelled the direct debit. It won't allow me to set up a different bank card so payments can be took automatically and I cba to deal with all this manual payments due to my mental illness I have. 

A few days ago though I was sent a new monthly bill of £14 produced which stated needs to be paid on 25th (the date i requested to pay all bills each month. However it created a outstanding totalling £28 and has suspended my contract until the £14 is paid. I've been restricted for a couple days now and I can pay the whole bill at midnight tonight. I just need my account back ok and there is no phone number at all to call and speak to a adviser. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Maka1992,

Did you manage to get assistance with this?

If not please let us know and we can send you a PM.

Kash

Hi @Maka1992,

Did you manage to get assistance with this?

If not please let us know and we can send you a PM.

Kash

Hi Kash, I went in I've chat and waited for a agent to talk to me. I said I will pay the outstanding balance that midnight so he reactivated my contract line for me and I paid the outstanding balance but it again suspended me and wouldn't allow me to text so I had to go back onto the payment line and the rest of  balance I had as a bill was produced a few days prior. So I basically ended up paying double when I shouldnt be paying a contract until next month. So I'm not happy about it and considering cancelling my contract, however atm I have a £0 balance and now owe nothing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Maka1992,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?