Solved

why are you sending me an invalid pac code

• 24 February 2021
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi ID, 

I have requested my pac.

but you are sending me the one giffgaff sent me in December 2020…

Who do I have to chase down to get the correct one?

icon

Best answer by Meritez 5 March 2021, 16:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

27 replies

Userlevel 2

For anyone else reading this:

Under Ofcom regulations, service providers must provide a PAC either immediately over the phone or within 2 hours by text message unless other arrangements have been agreed between a consumer and service provider.

Hopefully ID Mobile get back to me soon

Hi @Meritez 

That’s odd! 

We’ve popped you a message so we can take a look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Jade 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Meritez 

That’s odd! 

We’ve popped you a message so we can take a look into this for you. 

Thanks, 

Jade 

Hi Jade,

Messaged replied to

Userlevel 2

Hi ID,

Would you be able to give me a timeframe on issuing a valid PAC Code?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Meritez 

We can confirm the Support team will respond to your Private Message in the next 24-48 hours and provide you with a valid PAC code.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 2

Hi @Meritez 

We can confirm the Support team will respond to your Private Message in the next 24-48 hours and provide you with a valid PAC code.

-Mohsin

Thanks for the update 😊

Userlevel 2

Here’s hoping I see my Valid PAC today :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Just reply to us via PM if you have any issues :)

Mohammed

Userlevel 2

Just reply to us via PM if you have any issues :)

Mohammed

I will do if I do not see the PAC Code by the end of today :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Meritez 

Userlevel 2

No problem @Meritez 

PM Sent, still no PAC :sweat:

Userlevel 2

Hi @Meritez 

-Mohsin

@Mohsin this never happened

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Meritez 

I have escalated this on my end and have asked the back office team to respond to your message as soon as possible through PM. An advisor will be in contact with you later today.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 2

Hi @Meritez 

I have escalated this on my end and have asked the back office team to respond to your message as soon as possible through PM. An advisor will be in contact with you later today.

-Mohsin

thank you, hoping I hear something later

Userlevel 2

@Mohsin @Mohammed still nothing via private message, email or text message 😔

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Meritez,

I see you’ve now located it and sent a response.

Will

Userlevel 2

Hi @Meritez,

I see you’ve now located it and sent a response.

Will

Located what @Will ?

I sent a reply 8 days ago to the private message that I was sent by @Jade  via ID Support and have yet to see a reply.

I cannot see a response from you via PM.

I'm left paying for two contracts while I await ID to provide me a valid PAC.

OMG, you still waiting for a PAC code after 9 days!
There’s something seriously wrong with this company. I’m waiting too, since Monday, they sent me an expired one, it says so on their text!
Why haven’t they got a proper customer service department? Plenty of other companies have!
Treesg

Userlevel 2

OMG, you still waiting for a PAC code after 9 days!
There’s something seriously wrong with this company. I’m waiting too, since Monday, they sent me an expired one, it says so on their text!
Why haven’t they got a proper customer service department? Plenty of other companies have!
Treesg

@TreesG hopefully you get your PAC soon, I have just been sent mine.

OFCOM State:

Under Ofcom regulations, service providers must provide a PAC either immediately over the phone or within 2 hours by text message unless other arrangements have been agreed between a consumer and service provider. I should explain that a provider may refuse to issue a PAC if:

• the number does not belong to the customer of the losing mobile provider
  • the account for that number has been terminated
  • the account holder has died
  • a PAC has already been issued and is still valid
  • the customer has not adequately proved that he or she is the legitimate account holder

As you have been waiting longer than the regulatory timeframe stated, I have devolved your case to iD Mobile. This means contacting the company on your behalf to request that it gets in touch with you directly within five working days.

I’ve never been contacted by ID Mobile via my Complaint to OFCOM, but the forum team have been very helpful in resolving my request to take my number away to the new network.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @TreesG,

I see you have now been provided with a PAC code via the PM process.

Will

My mum is in in the same boat. She requested a PAC code by text today, and received one which expired 3 weeks ago. She’s requested it several times today, and keeps receiving the same expired code.

Happening once, like the first user who raised this is understandable….but the same problem happening 4 months later, is a systematic fault which should already have been fixed.

When you try to call ID mobile, you have to listen to 2 mins of automated crap, before they cut off the call without connecting you to anyone.

Per the OFCOM guidance, we have not made other arrangements, so I’m looking forward to somebody at ID picking up this problem, and sending a valid PAC code within 2 hours. It’s 12.46pm now, you’ve got until 3.45pm...

I am in the same boat. I am receiving a text message with a PAC code, which clearly says it expired 3 weeks ago. How do I get a valid PAC code, so I can leave this network?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @pr1te5h 

We are sorry to hear this. Please can you get your Mum to contact us through her own Community account so we can send her a Private Message and provide her with a new PAC code. 

We’re also contactable via Facebook and Twitter if your Mum uses those platforms. If you have trouble using those services then please let us know here and we’ll offer further support.

-Mohsin

My mum is 70+. Replying on a community forum like this is not something she is able to do...that’s why I have had to get involved. That’s why you need phone numbers which customers can call without getting automatically disconnected.

Can you PM me? I will give you her mobile numbers that she wants to port. Maybe you can directly text her a VALID PAC code, or give her a call directly to verify whatever you need to? There are 2 numbers shes wants to port.

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @pr1te5h, the issue is that we’re not able to make any changes on behalf of a 3rd party unless your mother has a password set up on the account, or you have proof of power of attorney in order to act on her behalf.

I’d recommend your mother contacts us via Live Chat if possible. If not, we can drop you a private message but we’ll need one of the two aforementioned things in order for you to access her account.

In the meantime, it may be worth requesting a PAC through the iD Mobile app rather than via text.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?