Question

Why Can't I cancel my contract?!!!!!!!!!

Userlevel 1

Why is this so difficult! it shouldn’t be like this, it is imposible to cancel the contract.

I have a contract with ID Mobile which I have had for almsot 2 years now and I have just 2-3 months left and wanted to pay it off and close the contract but it is impossible to complete this. I got the contract just for the handset as I had an existing contract. I have never made 1 phone call, 1 SMS or used Data. I have tried to contact customer services on so many occasions to cancel this, but to no availability. To cancel, you cannot call the number for ID - you can’t EVER speak to anyone who works for this company.

Please can you help to close this contract as I no longer wish to have the contract with you, and I don’t want to be charged once my contract is over! I have seen what people have gone through with this issue because of you not allowing to cancel the contract so please help me pay the months left and close this as soon as possible!

thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @ilir, sorry to hear you’re having trouble cancelling your agreement. The fastest way to arrange this would be to speak with our Live Chat team between 09:00 - 18:00 today.

Thank you,

Rory

I have been trying for 2 months to cancel phone not been used nearly two years have not got it anymore now got final demand once I cancelled dd letter no phone number to speak to anyone going in circles :( account number 11859453 no chance to give notice or anything

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sue65 

Cancelling your direct debit does not cancel the contract. This just means you’ve switched to the option of paying your bills manually now. We will send you a Private Message now so we can help with this. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

I have a bill I want to pay but don’t know mobile how do I pay 

Help help XXXXXX I want to pay I can’t as don’t know mobile 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sue65,

We sent you a Private message a month ago. Please reply there and we’ll be happy to assist.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

yes I know and you asked me to pay you outstanding amount which I did although phone has not been used for over a year.  I asked to cancel you put note or said a note was being put account to say cancelled I have now received the final bill and I still cannot pay - the phone payment line is not taking amount and this site loops around I just to finish this contract and pay its been a nightmare

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sue65,

If you can keep any and all replies in the Private messages, that would be great.

Cheers,

Will

Why is this so difficult! it shouldn’t be like this, it is imposible to cancel the contract.

I have a contract with ID Mobile which I have had for almsot 2 years now and I have just 2-3 months left and wanted to pay it off and close the contract but it is impossible to complete this. I got the contract just for the handset as I had an existing contract. I have never made 1 phone call, 1 SMS or used Data. I have tried to contact customer services on so many occasions to cancel this, but to no availability. To cancel, you cannot call the number for ID - you can’t EVER speak to anyone who works for this company.

Please can you help to close this contract as I no longer wish to have the contract with you, and I don’t want to be charged once my contract is over! I have seen what people have gone through with this issue because of you not allowing to cancel the contract so please help me pay the months left and close this as soon as possible!

thanks

I am trying to do exactly the same thing, and it’s impossible. It’s extremely frustrating and am going round in circles. Perhaps they hope you will give up and keep the contract

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sjm57,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

I cancelled my first account a month ago for a new ID SIM, accept the 30 days cancellation time. NOW ID YOU are rolling my old contract over a SECOND MONTH. I’m now paying for 2 accounts. The first won't close. I want this cancelled immediately. Totally unacceptable.

Ben

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Benjamin Price 

Once you have requested a cancellation, a 30 day disconnection is processed and your contract will disconnect 30 days from the request date. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?