How do I reset my password in the iD Mobile app?

• 20 January 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

Here you’ll find out how to reset your password in the iD Mobile App. Not registered for the iD Mobile App? Check out this helpful community article to get started.

How to reset password in the iD Mobile app.

Forgotten your password? No problem - it happens to all of us! Luckily, resetting your password in the iD Mobile App is easy. Simply follow the steps below:

10 replies

Userlevel 1

Why can’t I log in using my user name 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @jennyfinch ,

Welcome to iD Community.

If you can’t remember your password, follow the below instructions to reset it:

1. Visit the login page on the iD App or My Account online.
  2. Click ‘Forgotten your password?
  3. Enter your Username or Email and click submit.
  4. Enter –
    • Mobile Number (Number active on your SIM).
    • Account holder’s last name (Last name of person that purchased the account).
    • Account holder’s date of birth (Last name of person that purchased the account).
    • Click ‘Submit’.
  5. We’ll send you a Verification Code by text. Enter the code and click ‘Submit’.
  6. You’ll then be asked to enter a new password. Then click ‘submit’.

Hope this helps, 

Thanks, 

Pearl

I'm recently married, so I deleted my old email which I was using as username as well. Yesterday I bought a new mobile phone and I can't register or login as the old username does not exist anymore. 

How can I reregister and change my username and add my new details as in new surname. 

Bare in mind that i can't login or register as email does not exist anymore and I can't receive SMS messages or phone calls. 

Please advise. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Kerry Oikonomoy 

Even if you don’t have access to an old email address anymore, it wouldn’t matter in regards to logging in to the account.

You would just need your username (that old email address) and password to log in.  If you don’t recall your password then you’ll be able to have a code texted to your iD Mobile SIM in any normal case.

How come you’re unable to receive SMS messages?  If you could let us know a summary of what you’re looking to do or what you need from us (a replacement SIM or whatnot) we’ll help further.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have a rather strange issue. I have a sim only plan which I solely use for a data connection in my car. The problem is I left the sim in my car and sold my car to a dealership who intern have sold it.

The problem is I do not have any record of the mobile number associated with the sim card and I do not have the sim card to be able to check it or receive SMS’s from it. 

I do have my username but cannot remember my password for the idapp or online login.

I am however still paying a monthly direct debit for the privilege on a pay monthly own data contract.

Can anyone suggest a way of cancelling my sim? I have dug through the sitemap and bounced around all the options to try and log in and resolve my problem, I even tried twitter to no avail.

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Goodforallpaul,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to assist you with getting your SIM-only plan closed down for you.

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will Thanks you I have responded to your private message

Hi,

Ok, so i bought 2 sim only packages at the same time for me and my wife about three years ago and just got on with life.  I now need to recover call costs from work so i have been trying to login to our accounts.  However, user name recovery requires mob number, name and DoB.  Clearly, i know these but they are mixed up and do not work.  i cannot pass security to login to either account.

How can i resolve this?

Leah & Tom

Userlevel 1

@LJM The question has been successfully resolved in a private chat.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @LJM,

The best way to recover your log-ins via a security code is by contacting our Live Chat Team here. Please let us know if you require further help after trying our Live Chat Team and we’ll see what we can do to help.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?