Solved

I can't receive OTP/security texts from any company

• 18 September 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I also don’t receive OTP’s from several companies since joining iDMobile - reset phone, removed SIM, checked bank has correct number.

The common denominator seems to be iDMobile

Please sort this

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 10:58

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @andyk58,

We’re sorry to hear about that! What bank is this from and do you know what number they use for the texts? We have seen a few OTP issues in the past on our Community so we may be able to find another post that relates to this issue.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I do not receive ANY OTP’s since porting number to iD, eg banks, gov.uk, taxi firms, etc etc (All other functions work fine). Tried live chat but no help. What can be done, this seems a regular complaint now on this community. I am lost what to do other than move to another network. Any help appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @dgilbert2,

What sort of troubleshooting did you go through with our Livechat Team?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @dgilbert2,

What sort of troubleshooting did you go through with our Livechat Team?

They did not suggest anything. However, I have followed all advice posted on the multiple OTP problem posts in this community (Checked phone number in settings, imessage on/off and settings checked, sim card removed, iPhone restarted multiple times etc etc).

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @dgilbert2,

Has this always been the case or is it a new development?

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will , only since my number was ported to iD. I hope the support team can resolve this now under the Uber post. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We’ll get this addressed in the Private Messages @dgilbert2.

Will

Hello 

I am also having the same problem and agree with @dgilbert2 this seems to be a regular complaint. Has this been resolved yet? I have followed all the advice on the feeds I can find about this issue and nothing has worked. I never had any problem with receiving OTP codes when with a different network provider until I transferred my number over to ID mobile.

Please help as I need to make Bank transactions ASAP!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Leanne12 , OTP’s for me started to work again after about a week from number being transferred to iD. It is not clear if this was “fixed” by simply waiting a week or if a technical change was applied to my account. All I know is I checked everything under the sun from my end and all looked correct.

How long is it since you transferred your number across?

@dgilbert2 It was yesterday. The thing is I really can’t wait a week before I am allowed to access my online banking. iD mobile really need to fix this problem as it seems to have gone on for awhile. Thank you for getting back to me. Fingers crossed after a week it will correct itself if I have no luck before hand. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Leanne12,

We are sorry to hear that you are also having issues here. As it has been a few days since posting your issue, has the issue become resolved following your number port?

Ryan

Haha I wish it had been resolved. The technical team have not been helpful as I have been waiting for a solution for over 4 days when I was told it would be 48hrs! I have now been asked to wait another 48hrs for the technical team to respond to my answers to the questions they asked. Not happy

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Leanne12, sorry to hear this. Has there been any update yet? If not, just let us know and we’ll drop you a private message and chase the ticket for you.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?