imessge and facetime error

• 21 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi , I have contacted Apple about my FaceTime and iMessage not working . I have tried everything ? And they said because my Apple ID it working and not my number it’s something on your end ? Could you please help me it’s been like this for weeks now 

thank you 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Shakeelah0305 

WE are sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Please can you try the below steps:

Please head to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If this doesn’t fix the problem, please try the below steps.

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

If those steps don’t help, try and deregister your iMessage service before setting it back up again on your phone. You can find out how to do this here.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

I have called apple and they said ID MOBILE need to carry out an investigation to active my phone number so I could receive international SMS messages and then it should work ? Could someone personal message me about this please 

@Michelle could you please personal message me about this please 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Shakeelah0305 

Have you followed the steps that were advised by my colleague @Michelle? We have seen these troubleshooting steps to fix the iMessage and Facetime issue. Please let us know how you get on.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?