Solved

Water damage - replacement phone pending

• 16 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I have damaged my phone by immersing it in water(accidentally-wading m/c) my repacement phone is due 12th December, the livechat agent said I would have to wait! I HAVE NO PHONE , I offered to pay a small fee for the replacement advance, no deal, I was told the Complaints dept would contact me(that was yesterday) cannot speak to anyone by phone!!! now live chat unavailable

What to do??

icon

Best answer by Ryan 23 November 2020, 17:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @gayescottage,

As we do not directly replace phones as a result of damage, was your new phone ordered through an insurance policy claim? If so, was this the one offered by Carphone Warehouse when purchasing your contract? If so, we would advise speaking to them directly here as we cannot handle insurance claims unfortunately.

Ryan

I was not making an Insurance claim but as I was due a new phone on the 12th of December  was asking for an early replacement  (early) I offered to pay a  small fee for this, on refusal I closed my account and have left ID a very short term view on treating customers-also no possibility of telephone conversation only live chat which is not always  available also  the closing charges are  unreasonable  given my customer record

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @gayescottage,

Oh I see, we allow phone upgrades 60-days before the end of the 24-month period so I’d have expected you to be able to obtain a new phone if you’re within this period. Sorry to hear that you have now left.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?