Solved

Will Blackberry work properly on IDmobile?

• 29 August 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a newly purchased Blackberry: old model Curve 9308 running Blackberry 7 operating system, and on 3G.
I am a very minimal mobile user - upto about 15 calls or texts per MONTH! I am with Virgin, but have found out that they no longer "support" Blackberry, meaning calls and texts only, but I am having issues with this.
I previously had a 2G clam phone which could not cope with Virgin's compulsory new SIM needed because they are about to change their network.
Do Blackberries work fully on IDmobile?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 3 September 2018, 15:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thank you Mohammed. So, as this BlackBerry Curve 9380 uses 3G, does it still need to use BlackBerry Internet Services?
Elsewhere, I have been advised that I need to 'access Blackberry Network': is this another way of saying the same thing that you're saying?
I wouldn't want a more expensive Blackberry. For me, the most important features of a 'phone are low price, light weight, and cheapest possible running costs! Normally, I'd use up to a dozen calls or texts per month, and it will stay that way!

Hey @Lancashire Lass,

When queried with our TechTeam, I was advised that this handset is not compatible with our network.

This device may be 3G but requires Blackberry Internet Services.

I believe the Blackberry network is the same thing/refers to BIS.

Mohammed
Thank you Mohammed. So, as this BlackBerry Curve 9380 uses 3G, does it still need to use BlackBerry Internet Services?
Elsewhere, I have been advised that I need to 'access Blackberry Network': is this another way of saying the same thing that you're saying?
I wouldn't want a more expensive Blackberry. For me, the most important features of a 'phone are low price, light weight, and cheapest possible running costs! Normally, I'd use up to a dozen calls or texts per month, and it will stay that way!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Lancashire Lass,

Thanks for contacting us.

I've moved your topic to the section Other device types (Windows, other operating systems etc.)
due to relevance.

This model requires Blackberry Internet Services (BIS) in order to use the internet which isn't something we support so the SIM would not work in your device.

The more recent Blackberry models, like the ones sold on our website, support 3G/4G services so they work fine.

Perhaps taking a look at one of these devices and seeing if there's a plan you like?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?