Solved

will my phone be locked?

• 25 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi All,

I had a 2 year contract with ID and I would like to upgrade it. The upgrade offer comes with a mobile device (iPhone 12). Will this device be locked to my ID account or it can be used with any kind of network provider? 
Thanks! 
Giota 

icon

Best answer by Will 2 December 2020, 13:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Giota,

All of our handsets come unlocked and can be used on all UK networks.

Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for your response.The agents on the live chat told me that they can also be used in non UK networks. Is it incorrect?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Giota 

Our phones can only be used with a UK SIM card.

Michelle 

That sounds exactly the opposite of what your live agents told me. Seems that in ID every agent has a different opinion on the same issue. It would be so nice if you could all agree to an answer.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Giota,

I have replied yesterday to another comment you posted but I’ll send it here too just to clear this up, your phone (if we sold it to you) is only guaranteed to work within the UK with a UK SIM card. That being said, the phone can often work abroad with no issues. We can only advise that you try the phone when you are abroad to see if it will work.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. Still sounds very different from the response of the live agents but thanks for your answer! Nothing to do but wait to try it with another country’s network

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Giota,

I understand the confusion and we apologise for any cause. The advice given here would be the correct advice to follow. 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?