Question

Cancel my pay as you go for a contract

• 5 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I am on an ID Mobile pay as you go, but I want to cancel that and get a phone contract [contract that tcomes with a phone]. I also want to keep my number. How can I do this as smoothly as possble, please?

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Lionn,

Have you looked to see if you can upgrade from PAYG to a phone contract?

The option for this might be somewhere in your iD My Account online.

Otherwise, you’ll have to:

1. Get a PAC from iD for the number you want to keep.
  2. Use the PAC to move to a cheap alternative PAYG account.
  3. Order your iD phone contract and wait until everything’s setup and working.
  4. Get a PAC from your alternative PAYG network.
  5. Use the PAC with your iD phone contract account.

Anyway, good luck. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am on an ID Mobile pay as you go, but I want to cancel that and get a phone contract [contract that tcomes with a phone]. I also want to keep my number. How can I do this as smoothly as possble, please?

Hello @Lionn,

We have PAYM (Pay Monthly) and PAYG (Pay as you go) plans.

Quite often customer’s can get confused so just to make sure,

PAYG plans require you to top up each month or when you want to add credit. You can purchase a bundle with said credit.

PAYM plans are billed via Direct Debit (unless you chose to pay manually) and your plan refreshes each month and we give you x amount of minutes, texts and data as agreed.

It’s not possible to switch to PAYG to PAYM and keep the number, unless doing it via an alternative method which @andewhite mentioned.

If you are on a PAYM SIM only plan though, you can simply log into the account, click My Account then Upgrade and select the deal.

This replaces your contract and puts you straight onto a handset plan, keeping the same number.

You can’t do this for PAYG though. 

Why iD Mobile?