Question

cellular network not available

• 23 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I recently stopped being able to make calls or send and receive texts. When I try to, I get a message saying "cellular network is not available. Connect to a wireless network to make a call"

Back in Nov, my contract ended and I decided not to upgrade my phone, just to have the SIM only contract. I was sent a new SIM but told it was just a spare one and I didn't need to put it in my phone?!!

The phone has been working fine till a few days ago, so I'm now wondering whether there's been a delay and now my old SIM has been deactivated? Can you confirm if I should now be using the new SIM and will that mean my mobile number will change again??

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Phili 

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with making calls and receiving texts. Are you having this issue all the time or is it intermittent? If you were sent out a new sim, then this would only be a spare sim and you do not need to use it. You can put the new sim in your phone to see if this helps the issue you are having with making calls and sending texts. Do let us know how you get on.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?