Solved

Certain iD plans are cheaper on Carphone Warehouse

• 11 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I've recently become eligible for an upgrade on iD and I'd like an Oppo Reno 4 Pro, which is £29.99/month with £49.99 upfront, as an upgrade or a new plan on iD. However, the exact same iD plan is offered on Carphone Warehouse, but only £26.99/month with £49.99 upfront. I can't upgrade to the cheaper plan because only carphone warehouse offers this. Any advice? I don't want to be paying extra for no reason

icon

Best answer by Kevin 12 January 2021, 15:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Actually, I've just realised the iD plan has only 1gb of data and the carphone warehouse one, which is cheaper, has 20gb. What's going on here?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @kobold 

It could well be here that the deal in question is a special offer (through Carphone Warehouse exclusively) for new customers only, and isn’t something available via an upgrade through us currently.

We’re sorry to say.

Technically speaking if you weren’t attached to your current number you could disconnect your existing account with us and start a new with that deal if desired?

Or alternatively hang on a little while to see if any new Upgrade Offers show as the weeks go on, as new deals come and go all the time in the mobile world.

Why iD Mobile?