Solved

Changing from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly

• 8 December 2020
  • 4 replies

How does one actually make the change from Pay As You Go to Pay Monthly? It’s causing my wife a headache!

Has been using Pay As You Go sim card for a few years. Has an ID account to manage the details.

Now bought a new Pay Monthly sim card, but:-

1. Cannot associate the new sim/number with her existing ID account
  2. Cannot create a new ID account because it won’t accept her email address (because it’s already in use on another account)

So how does one get around this catch-22 scenario? Creating another email address might seem obvious, but that is not an option.

She simply wants her own email address to be associated with her own (new) ID account to manage her own ID sim card.

icon

Best answer by Kevin 16 December 2020, 19:39

Sorry for not catching this one sooner here @PaulKStokes 

I don’t believe it’s possible to move an existing Pay As You Go account to a Pay Monthly one, so you’d likely just have to select a new Pay Monthly SIM from our website and purchase that.

Unfortunately we’d not be able to move the number over from one iD Mobile account to another, so the only way to retain the old number would be to move that across to another network, then move it back to us if that’s a neccessity.

If there is any ability to upgrade the existing account to a Pay Monthly then you’d find that by logging in to any existing account then look within the My Account area for any sort of Plan Change/ Upgrade options.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Well, not exactly a lot of insight here from the folks at ID… how disappointing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry for not catching this one sooner here @PaulKStokes 

I don’t believe it’s possible to move an existing Pay As You Go account to a Pay Monthly one, so you’d likely just have to select a new Pay Monthly SIM from our website and purchase that.

Unfortunately we’d not be able to move the number over from one iD Mobile account to another, so the only way to retain the old number would be to move that across to another network, then move it back to us if that’s a neccessity.

If there is any ability to upgrade the existing account to a Pay Monthly then you’d find that by logging in to any existing account then look within the My Account area for any sort of Plan Change/ Upgrade options.

@Kevin,

Thanks for replying.

She’s already bought the new Pay Monthly SIM. But it won’t allow her to register because her email address is already in the system. She’s happy to ditch/bin/scrap/annihilate the PAYG number and SIM. The problem is the email address. She needs to associate her new SIM with her own email address. How does she accomplish that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello again @PaulKStokes

As things stand each individual iD Mobile account would need it’s own individual email address attached to it.  If you have more than one email address you should be fine to use that (providing you’ve never used it with iD Mobile before) and that will become the username/ log in for the account you then register.

It doesn’t matter if you actually use that email address often as once you’re registered, and logged in, you can change the email address that any iD Mobile related emails go to within your My Account.

If you have further trouble, let us know.