Solved

confused - pay and go top up requirements?

• 16 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all..

I’m interested in a replacement for Three’s 123 with ID pay and Go Sim only but I’m confused by the terms page part of which says Quote:

-----------------------------------------------------

There's no minimum term, monthly bills or contracts involved when you choose an iD Pay As You Go SIM. Cheaper than standard mobile contracts where you also pay for a new handset, it's the ideal option if you're happy with your current smartphone and want a flexible way to make calls, send texts and update social media.

Credit checks are not required when you choose a Pay As You Go SIM card either, and with iD Mobile you're free to top up as little or as much as you want, whenever you want.

Hardly use your device? Just add £10 to your SIM every two months.

So whilst it seems, in the first paragraph,  you don’t get a monthly term, in the last paragraph it seems you have to top up £10 every two months.

I  am thinking you are tied topping up every to months minimum.

Or have i got this wrong?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 18 May 2021, 14:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Grazuncle 

The Sim will remain active for 365 days once activated. However, in order to use and services such as making calls, sending texts and data we advise to top up £10 every two months.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Thanks Mohsin

My wife uses her phone sporadically.. uses it a lot on holiday as doesn't trust public WiFi

It could be 4 or 5 months between top up and then put £30.00 credit on.

What happens if she doesn't top up in two months?

Thanks.. Just trying to get this right before porting her number

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Grazuncle,

The two months that is stated is just an example of how infrequent users can top up less often than monthly users if they wish, sorry for any confusion caused. I have included the below section from our Terms and Conditions which may relate to your situation:

12.5 If you don't apply any Credit to your account, purchase a bundle, or make a chargeable event within 4 months of the expiry of the Introductory Period or, if later, the date you last applied Credit to your Account, your Account may be disconnected.
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/legal/terms-and-conditions#payg

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thanks Ryan.. very useful!

a chargeable event.. a phone call, text or use some data will qualify?

also.. (sorry) does a normal top credit (not a bundle) up expire as long as the phone is used as above , within the 4 month qualifying period?

appreciate your time on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Grazuncle

The 4-month period refers to ensuring the number is not disconnected.

Top-ups last 365 days from when they were applied. 

The 4-month refers to the number being disconnected if it’s not used.

So if you make a call, text or use data then your account remains active.

But if you don’t use the top-up within 365-days it will expire.

Mohammed

Hi @Grazuncle 

The Sim will remain active for 365 days once activated. However, in order to use and services such as making calls, sending texts and data we advise to top up £10 every two months.

-Mohsin

Just to clarify,

As long as you make chargeable usage within every 4-months, the account will remain active. 

“Hardly use your device? Just add £10 to your SIM every two months.”

This is just an example.

We do not require you to top up every 2 months. 

If you use it a lot for a few months you can top up or buy bundles, then if you use it much less, top-up less.

As long as the SIM is used and chargeable usage made within 4-months periods it’ll remain active.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

PERFECT..

I have all i need to go ahead with this one now.

grateful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

PERFECT..

I have all i need to go ahead with this one now.

grateful.

No problem @Grazuncle,

To summarise:

You’ll buy a bundle the first time you purchase which will last one month

You can then either:

Top up or purchase a bundle as required for future months.

You don’t need to even purchase a top-up/bundle for x months if you won’t use it.

Just make sure that:

You make chargeable usage every 4 months to prevent the number being disconnected

Any top-up you apply you use within 365-days of it being applied.

Bundles = the allowances given for minutes, texts, data 

Top-ups = 3p per min 2p per text 1p per MB data.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?