Question

Credit score ruined by ID- £4. 24 charge after account closed

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am disputing an entry on my credit report. I am extremely disappointed and stressed to discover that after cancelling my contract in September 2020 via virtual agent and being informed that my account was settled; my wife and I have now been refused a mortgage purely based on arrears charge of £4.24, which has been added after the account was closed and we have not been notified in order to resolve this. Our credit report now shows 3 months missed payment of this amount, which should not have been charged in the first place and which we had not been made aware of or requested to pay by ID mobile. I have now found an old email in my junk confirming that I cancelled myself count with no details of any arrears but just offering to reopen the account. Please understand our extreme frustration and disappointment with this very poor service which has now left us in a very stressful situation that could have been prevented with good communication. Please can you amend your records and report the updated information to the credit reference agencies as soon as possible then we can get our mortgage. 

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Steven kay,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now so that we can take a proper look into this for you.

Will

Userlevel 1

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No problem Steven, 

We’ll do our best to gt this sorted for you.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I have only found out my mortgage application is being declined because ID Mobile have given the wrong information about my account, showing default payments after it was closed. When I cancelled the plan i was informed that there was nothing left to pay. 

This has been devastating for us as we have never ever missed any payments and only when the mortgage application was submitted we have found out that in 2019 iD mobile have given wrong information which has negatively affected our score rating. 

please solve this matter ASAP

Userlevel 1

I have had the same problem, after closing my account I have arrears of £2 which I was totally unaware of And which had affected my credit score and have had my mortgage declined. Really frustrated as I have never defaulted in any payments ever. Now I can’t get through to anyone because I don’t have a mobile number associated with iD mobile and the account was closed in Feb 2019. 
I was not made aware of any defaulted payments when I was with them, so why after 2 years do I find that they have iD mobile have given the wrong information about me!
Please help to resolve this ASAP as it has affected my mortgage application and we will lose our dream house. 
help please. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Shabz,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Edit: I saw you made a topic on the matter, so popped that here to save any confusion.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Will 

I have checked my private messages but have not received anything. Please send me the details of whom I can speak to, so I can resolve this matter. 

thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Shabz,

I’ve just checked and it’s definitely there, I sent it myself 5 hours ago.

If you can kindly send a reply, we’ll assist you in seeking a resolution there.

Will

Has anyone had any luck with this? I am having the same issue. Honestly the worst communication on such a stressful and time constrained subject :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 1

I have had no luck, after several messages I have still not had the matter resolved and have been told there is nothing they can do about it. It has been very stressful for us too. Don't know what to do about it. 😔

@Will could you help?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dan95,

I’ve dropped you a Private Message now and a message on another post you made advising how to access it.

Will

Why iD Mobile?