Question

getting 2nd number/ contract

• 27 February 2022
  • 6 replies

I have 1 pay monthly contract and I want to have another sim pay monthly contract. When I access my id app, I'm not able to add another contract there, it only allows me to upgrade an existing one. But I want to have 2 numbers/2 contracts in 1 account, is it possible?

In the meantime, I had to buy pay as you go and again I wasn't able to buy it from my id account, just had to do it separately. And 1 month is running out soon and I have no idea how to top up. Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD Mobile don’t allow an account to have more than 1 number / 1 contract.

You’ll need to switch providers if you want 2 numbers / 2 contracts under one account - good luck.

Thanks a lot!

Do you know if i can separately buy pay as you go sim and then just top it up on a monthly basis or there's no option to top up and I just have to get a new sim each month?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @maryh, you can get a PAYG SIM and top-up it up as you please.

I think you’ll need to use the PAYG SIM for something chargeable at least once every 120 days, otherwise iD might think the SIM is inactive.

You don’t need to get a new SIM each month - anyway, good luck.  

Thank you!

Do you know how I can top it up each month?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you know how I can top it up each month?

You can use the iD automated top-up line on 7777 from your PAYG mobile.

Otherwise, if you register and setup an iD My Account for your PAYG SIM card, you’ll be able to top-up online or from the iD Mobile app.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have 1 pay monthly contract and I want to have another sim pay monthly contract. When I access my id app, I'm not able to add another contract there, it only allows me to upgrade an existing one. But I want to have 2 numbers/2 contracts in 1 account, is it possible?

In the meantime, I had to buy pay as you go and again I wasn't able to buy it from my id account, just had to do it separately. And 1 month is running out soon and I have no idea how to top up. Thanks

Hey @maryh 

Each iD Mobile number will need it’s own iD account to manage it.

Sadly we don’t yet support multiple numbers being managed under one account but hope it’s something that we can do in the future.

If you head to: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

You can register a new account for the iD Mobile PAYG SIM you have.

Once logged into it, you can then top up or buy a bundle as needed :)

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?