Question

how do i complain abour price raise

• 12 March 2022
  • 1 reply

When i started this contract i was agreeing to paying £38.99 but i raised  a message saying due to whatever excuse they felt right theres a price raise annoying but hey ho stuck in it till i pay it off , what i want to know is who do i speak to as i checked my monthly invoice to see there charging me £56 for this month , i didnt agree and im most certainly not okay with that price , i paid every month but its missing the February transaction . Its honestly annoyed me how they justify that price . Id like to cancel because im within my 30 days of the message but im sure not paying £600 to clear it off completely as im aware i should be charged to cancel within the 30 days of the message as like i said its not something i agreed with prior to contract

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Barky99, thanks for getting in touch. When you signed your contract with us, you did agree to be subject to any RPI increases in line with inflation.

Every year, the majority of mobile phone networks increase their prices for customers. Some do so at a standard rate, others a standard rate plus inflation.

At iD Mobile we increase prices yearly in line with inflation only. We use the Retail Price Index for this measure, and will be increasing prices for Pay Monthly handset customers by 7.8% from April 2022.

For the last two years iD Mobile have implemented the lowest price increase when compared to major networks (EE, Three, O2 and Vodafone) and this year only one network is raising their prices by a lower amount.

Despite this increase in monthly cost, iD Mobile customers will still benefit from fantastic value, with our handsets on average £12 a month cheaper vs major networks. They will also continue to receive Data Rollover, Roaming and 5G at no extra cost. The price increases also allows us to continue investing in our service, ensuring that we are constantly improving for over 1.1m iD Mobile customers.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?