Question

im having a nightmare finding someone to talk to about changing plan or using new sim

• 19 October 2021
  • 4 replies

I was told via a chat box I couldn’t change plan so I cancelled my plan to take out a new sim with more data. 

I received this but want to keep my existing idmobile number

cant find instructions anywhere and can’t log into the app as ur asking for a code I don’t have.

this is way too complicated and no one to talk to

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Lucy Hanson,

If you cancelled the plan with the number you wanted to keep, then you’ve probably lost that number.

Anyway, you can’t actually transfer a number between plans from iD.

For real-time help from an iD advisor best to use the Live Chat service here.

To connect with an iD advisor, use the chat service between 9am - 8pm weekdays, or 9am - 6pm weekends and type “talk to a person” after you get connected.

I hope they can help - good luck.

When idmobile advertise plans on the website it says you can keep your existing number 

my existing number is still alive and receives call

the live chat link isn’t working on my phone ? 

I just want to set up with my existing phone number 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Lucy Hanson, the web site advertising is aimed at people who are joining iD mobile, not existing customers - confusing I know.

Can you try the chat service from a laptop or desktop computer?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lucy Hanson,

If your existing number is still working, that’s a positive for now.

As we don’t accept our own PAC codes, if you wish your existing number to be on a new contract with us, you’ll need to do what’s called a Triangle Port.

A Triangle Port requires obtaining a pay as you go SIM card for a network other than ourselves and porting the desired number over onto the pay as you go SIM. You would do this by requesting a PAC number for the old number from us and giving it to the pay as you go network.

Once you have done this and the desired number is on the pay as you go SIM, you then need to contact that network and request another PAC code. Once you have this, you can then contact us again and port the number into your new line.

Did the Live Chat team say why you can’t upgrade your existing plan?

- Will

Why iD Mobile?