Question

Massive bill for data use

Hello

I’ve just had a massive bill for which contains 4 days of totally unbelievable data usage (13-16 May).  I haven’t changed my usage and don’t believe that I actually used this amount of data.   Please can you check your systems to see if this is a mistake.   I’ve since reduced my payment cap.

Thank you

Betty W

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Do you have your itemised iD Mobile bill for the 13-16 May 2022 period yet?

Yes - that’s how I know my usage over the period.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So, you’ve looked at your bill and it shows you used more than the monthly data allowance included with your iD plan?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not sure how you’d convince iD you didn’t use a massive amount of data on 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th May.

Fire-up the Live Chat to contact iD, so a customer service agent can look at your iD account while you’re in the chat, and hopefully explain what’s going on.

To get an iD agent, type “talk to a person” after you get connected on the online chat. 

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello

I’ve just had a massive bill for which contains 4 days of totally unbelievable data usage (13-16 May).  I haven’t changed my usage and don’t believe that I actually used this amount of data.   Please can you check your systems to see if this is a mistake.   I’ve since reduced my payment cap.

Thank you

Betty W

Hello @BettyW,

We’d only record usage based on what’s been used on the device. 

If the Mobile data was switched off, it would not be possible for us to record data usage as there is no physical connection.

If you had mobile data on as well as WiFi, it’s possible that the WiFi may have dropped off.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?