Question

new contract but old contract info showing

• 28 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi -

I ordered an upgrade sim only plan from you - with more data for less money. The new sim duly arrived and I activated it fine.

However, my account is still showing as the old plan (same data, same monthly payment) rather than the new one.

Please can you help? - thanks in advance. 

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Mungers1,

Is the information about your upgraded plan wrong in the iD app and in your iD My Account online? 

I don’t use the iD app because I’ve not found it to be unreliable. I manage my account from the iD My Account online page https://my.idmobile.co.uk.

If you’re worried about your account, contact iD using the iD Live Chat service.

Do this between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends. If you chat in these time periods, you can get through to an iD agent in the customer service team.

Just type “talk to a person” once connected (to avoid the 24/7 bot).

Anyway, good luck.  

Thanks - yes it’s wrong in both. Will try that though - thanks 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @Mungers1, iD’s online systems are sometimes very slow at reflecting the correct status for an account.

I’m sure their back-end systems have the correct information, but it hasn’t filtered through to the online systems yet - good luck though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi -

I ordered an upgrade sim only plan from you - with more data for less money. The new sim duly arrived and I activated it fine.

However, my account is still showing as the old plan (same data, same monthly payment) rather than the new one.

Please can you help? - thanks in advance. 

Hello @Mungers1,

Since then, when you now log in the account what plan is showing? If it’s still the old plan and the new SIM is active with a different number, you may have ordered a new contract instead of upgrading. 

Hi all - an update on this. I managed to speak to a person at ID in the end. They had made a mistake but it has been rectified now.
Good luck everyone. 

Why iD Mobile?