Solved

new sim supplied. ak

• 17 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have noted that quite a few people are having problems with swapping their old sim for the new one supplied by o2. Do I have to swap or can I continue with my existing SIM.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 21 February 2021, 14:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Ok Michelle I will make contact with O2. I already tried but I didn't get any further than the automatic voice. When I did get onto a number I was left holding for so long I gave up.

Thanks to all.

Alvaz.di.pi

Userlevel 1

I have not taken out a new contract. My existing SIM is with o2, and it works fine.

Alfaz.di.pi

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @alfaz.di.pi 

I’m unsure what you are asking?

Are you asking about porting before taking out a contract with iD Mobile?

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

I’m afraid I am not receiving an answer to my Query. I have a mobile which I am using with an o2 sim card  which is not causing any problems and is working very well. O2 sent me a free sim which I did not request with instructions to swap it for my old one. they say they are making (Significant updates to our network, so from 1st April their network will no longer be able to support my current version of sim.) They say ( this means i will need to upgrade my sim to continue using their network after this date.

They also include instructions on how to swap over. 

My question was, is this swap over really required as I have not heard of any upgrade until now when I received the free sim.

Alfaz.di.pi 

Userlevel 1

The return address for the Free Sim would appear to be a shop in Weston road Crewe. 

Alfz.di.pi

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @alfaz.di.pi 

You would need to make contact with O2 directly regarding your questions, this, not something iD Mobile can help with.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @alfaz.di.pi 

Have you taken out a new contract with O2? Are you wanting to Port your existing iD sim number to O2?

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?